Enhanced Recovery Corporation / Harassing people and extorting them for money!

These guys called me and left a message with one of my children claiming that they were returning my call (untrue) and needed to speak with me right away about some information I had requested (untrue). I called and spoke with a gentleman who claimed I owed over $600 to a company called Performance Auto and now Genesis Financial, neither of whom I have ever heard of. The guy at ERC claimed that I bought some motorcycle parts from these guys. I do not have a motorcycle and do not do my own auto repairs. The guy at ERC called in a supervisor. The supervisor could not have been ruder. He tells me to go look on my credit report or pay up. I offered to call Performance Auto or Genesis Financial to find out what this “charge” was but the supervisor told me that he would not give me their contact info and would not find out what the charges were for. He told me to pay or look on my credit report. So I checked all three of my credit reports and they all matched up. There were no accounts that were late or had any issues. I called ERC back and again was put in touch with a different, but just as rude, supervisor. I explained that I am interested in resolving this issue but that I was not going to pay ERC unless I knew what the charges were for. The supervisor old me that I could either pay the amount owed or they would continue to call my home until I did pay. It sounded like a sweat shop in the background with all kinds of people in three foot cubicles harassing people and extorting them for money. These guys are unbelievable and are the reason the collections industry has such a poor name.

Cc

Comments

• Iz
      18th of Sep, 2009

We were getting calls from a California based company attempting to collect a debt from a non-existent person. I say non-existent because the "debtor" sought has my husband's first name and my previous last name. There is no debt in that name. Neither of us have any outstanding debt that is not paid on time and have not had anything go to collections. That company finally stopped calling, only to be replaced by ERC. Maybe some of their attempts at collections are legitimate but I believe that they are hoping that whoever they call will believe they forgot to pay something and will just send them the money to get off their back. I can ignore the calls and delete the messages forever. I am not paying anyone money that is not owed.

6th of Nov, 2009

i have a 12 year old child. i got him a phone you he could reach me while at his other parents house as they have no phone. i have gotten him a new number twice now because of all the calls from this company want to reach about a dozen different people to pay a debt! i did find the company' s phone number and told them each time that person never had this number and they were calling a child. it keeps happening. how can this many people in debt have had my child's phone number when they accured the debt??? i had his numbers on the don't cll list from day one. also- i have NO unpaid bills! and have never had over 30 days late in my life! 30 was my biggest oversight EVER.

11th of May, 2010

to the guy before..most collection agencies are not debt purchacesers but are simply hired by the client to collect on the debt..just a little info

• Re
      19th of Nov, 2018
    Enhanced Recovery Co. - Comcast Cable
    Miami
    Florida

Called Comcast to verify outstanding charges. They claimed there are no outstanding charges under my account.