Emusic.com / Terrible customer service!

Recieved ipod and 30 day trial from directtv promotional. The emusic .com site has been billing me 14.95 per month and and customer service is nonexistent and unresponsive. I've been unable to get a phone number or customer service address that is functional. I've read numerous reports re nefarious practices by emusic.com against participants who have selected a music download plan only to have it changed by the site operators to a more expensive plan or longer term selection. This practice is totally illegal.

Va

Comments

• St
      29th of Apr, 2008

I received a offer inside the box of a AT&T cell phone I purchased. "50 free music downloads from Emusic.c0m A 14 day trial offer. Over 2, 000, 000 songs offered." When you sign up, it requires a credit card to complete the registration. Once I completed the registration and entered the site I discovered that it contained no music or artists that I would want to download. I cancelled my trial offer within a couple hours. I received a confirmation that my account was cancelled and I would receive "no further billing." I checked my credit card account on-line the next day I found I was charged $19.99 I checked more into Emusic.com and discovered per Wikipedia that " New subscribers receive 25 free downloads over a period of 14 days.[3] The trial account turns into a billable subscription account immediately after registering for a trial. Refunds are impossible." I contacted my credit card company and opened a dispute. Emusic.com is not only deceptive but a total rip-off. I urge everyone to stay clear.