Emusic.com / eMusic service is NO SERVICE!

My daughter received a certificate through Radio Disney - for "free" I-Pod downloads thru E-Music. When we went online to get these "free" downloads we had to complete a registration and subscribe. It was said that there was no obligation and that the membership could be cancelled (kind of like a free trial type thing) - yet we had to provide a credit card #. We never got to the point of being able to download any music and decided we didn't want to go further. We submitted a request to cancel the service right away. We rec'd notice the account was cancelled - however we received a charge on the credit card. The following month we were charged again. I went online trying to find contact info - there is nothing. I cancelled the acct again - this time printing the receipt of cancellation. The following month I was charged yet again! This has continued for about 5 months now - each month I have disputed the charges thru my credit card company and each month tried to find a way to get E-music to stop charging the card. I recently noticed there was a phone # on the credit card statement. I called the # and the automated line says "to cancel your service by e-mail, press 1", to cancel your service by...press 2" to cancel your service by phone press 3" - those are the only options - obviously people are not happy w/ them! Anyhow I thought "oh wow! I have another route to get this resolved" - so I pressed 3 to cancel by phone. Guess what?? It directs you to go to the internet to cancel. I am very frustrated with this companies lack of service on all levels. I have never and will never use or recommend this company to anyone.

Va

Comments

Ia
  28th of May, 2008

emusic.com run the same scam in the UK as that described by Gena; see previous.

My credit card company are - hopefully - taking up the cudgels to recover the "subscriptions" that I never authorized. Since having my account debited without my permission I have belatedly found many complaints about emusic, but not a sign of a rebuttal from that company. Its attitude is "keep quiet and the aggrieved party will go away". Not this one.

1st of Sep, 2009

Here is the real emusic contact info for customer service.

Nathan Mares