Emusic / Scam and fraud!

United States Review updated:
I signed up, tried the service, found it too buggy and canceled within 24 hours. Then I see they've charged my Amex and will not respond to my e-mail.

Beware people!
Va

Comments

Do
  11th of Jan, 2008
Evidently, when I bought a card at my local best buy for 65 downloads from eMusic... registered the card (have to use a credit card to register my card?)... never could find 65 songs to download... they say I have a "subscription" and have charged me 9.99 for the past 6 months... when I never even totally used my prepaid card.

Is this even legal? Can't talk to anyone at customer service. Maybe there is no customer service. I think I will go through the arduous effort to report them to the BBB in New York city (that is where their address is).

I have placed a dispute with my credit card.
Ic
  13th of Jan, 2008
I absolutely agree that emusic.com are crooks. I registered after Dec 27 for a 14 days FREE TRIAL. The first thing they did was subscribing me for a month and charging my card for J8.99. I cancelled the same day but they charged me !!! When you registers for trial they charges you anyway and says that it wasn't free trial and you mixed up the ads. But they lie. And they never send you any confirmation about the charges or registration.

Pls be aware and check your cc even after cancellation. Very often they 'forget' about the cancellation and charges you for 3-4 months.

In addition their music library is very poor. They don't have Metallica, U2, Manonna etc. No major singers and bands. I don't think you are ready to pay for cover versions and songs IN STILE OF someone famous.
Be
  14th of May, 2008
These jerks need to be put out of business! I havent even visited the site, I canceled soon after signing up...or at least TRIED to!! I FINALLY got a cancellation confirmation today after 2 months of emails to cancel. They dont do refunds either...bet me!!! I will get an attorney if I have to!

eMusic.com Logo eMusic.com