Emirates.com / bad customer service

1 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Review updated:
Phone: +61 1300303777

I have always flown air new zealand as the service has always been excellent both over the phone and in person. I was recomended the emirates airline, so I thought I would give them a try, as I am buying two tickets for my parents to fly to australia, for my mothers 70th birthday. Monday 14.7.08, I tried booking airfare tickets for my parents on-line and after so many failed attemps, and no success in booking, I gave up. I contacted the emirates office and explained that I was having trouble on-line, and all the operator could say, was that I must have done something wrong. I have booked on-line before, and never had a problem. The operator was not helpful at all, and the phone manner was not pleasant at all. I tried again that night tues 15.7.08, and to my dismay, I was still unsuccessful. I rang the emirates office, once again, while on-line, and the next operator I spoke to, I could hardly understand. This operator told me that I couldnt book my flights on-line, they had to be booked on the phone (Where on the website does it say that?) this operator was very frustrating, I was placed on hold 4 times, and had to repeat booking details 3 times, and in the mean-time became very irrate, with the service I had recieved over all this. I told the operator I was ready to hang up, and book with someone else, as I couldnt understand him and he asked me to stay on the line.In the end I booked and made payment, and hopped off the phone not a happy customer at all. I paid for 2 e-tickets, which were suppose to be sent to my sisters email address in n. Z (To pass onto my parents) , and she should have recieved them that night. Wednesday 14.7.08, I rang my sister in n. Z to confirm she got tickets, and she didnt recieve them. Once again, I rang the emirates office, and believe me, by now I was "steaming"! I got a lovely operator (Suprisingly, after the last two) , explained my situation, and that I was not happy, and she told me that the e-mail address details were wrong and thats why my sister never recieved tickets. Now that just topped the whole "bad customer service", for me. I had repeatly told the operator all the details, and he still got it wrong! This is not good service, at all and I am not happy at all.In fact I am now worried about the service my parents are going to recieve on this flight. I think my parents deserve to be upgraded from economy class, that would make me feel better, considering the poor service I have recieved, this would be greatly appreciated. I dont believe anyone should recieve service like this, and that compensation should be in order. I would like to hear from someone about this immediately. I await your reply.

Comments

15th of Nov, 2010

I have paid twice for the change of the date of our return to Brazil (my husband and I) in September and the officials in Brazil have sent me e-mails telling me they would put in my credit card bill ( MasterCard 5428 2044 1580 6331) the money back due in October then in November, but up to this moment I have not received any amount back. I have paid to the office in Australia with the credit card number 4002 1700 4830 1130 Creditcard Visa, and to Sao Paulo office with the MasterCard above. I expect a quick solution. Best regards,
    Maria Ramos.

• Re
      14th of Jan, 2016

Sadly, customer service is very poor. Rude counter people.
    They treat economy, like they r doing us a favor.
    In truth, economy makes up their bulk. It was exciting to know emirates was made available, but with grouchy customer service... I shall start looking elsewhere.