Emirates / bad faith of customer service

United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I was travelling from nice to bangkok with a stopover in accra, ghana.

My ticket was changeable. I wanted to change my flight to an earlier date out of ghana. I was out in the bush and could not go to their agency in accra. Their phone number in ghana was never available for weeks. They never replied to my query using their form on the website.In fact they did send an auto reply but never followed up.

I had to stay until the initial date planned on my trip, which caused a lot of inconvenience and costs.

I explained that when I flew at the airport. Instead of being sympathetic hearing my story, the officer asked me to print out my ticket our of bangkok, otherwise I could not board. And I had to pay for the print out.

I also tried to email skywards. [protected]@emirates.com and [protected]@emirates.com which ignored me. Back in thailand, I called the customer service there and they told me to email [protected]@emirates.com.

I got an email from customer. [protected]@emirates.com saying they would review my case within 30 days! Then the final insult is copied in their email below.

Basically they said it has been too long now to be able to investigate properly on what happened!!! Whose fault is it it has been too long? I have been ignored by them for months and now they say it is too late to see what transpired. This is how they treat their customers at emirates. A bunch of

From: "customer. [protected]@emirates.com"
To: [protected]@rocketmail.com
Sent: thursday, 12 april 2012, 15:21
Subject: our ref. Bkk/x/se/280312/6789927

Our ref no: bkk/x/se/280312/6789927
12 april 2012

Dear mr palmieri,

Thank you for your email message of 27 march 2012, forwarded to us for review by our bangkok office.

I regret to learn that you were unsuccessful in your attempt to contact our accra office via telephone, in order to amend your travel date.

At this point, due to time lapse I am unable to establish what transpired. However, I wish to assure you that your feedback has been conveyed to the senior manager concerned for his review and assessment.

I am also pleased to inform you that effective 14 december 2011, customers may now use the booking manager on www.Emirates.com to change their bookings online.

I have also liaised with skywards and I am advised that they have arranged to credit the flown miles for your inbound trip.

Whilst I sincerely regret the inconvenience, we are unable to offer any compensation on this occasion.

Thank you for writing to us and allowing me to respond. We appreciate your support as a skywards member and look forward to welcoming you onboard our flights again.

Yours sincerely,

Sabeena kakkodi
Customer affairs

And my answer was:
"
That is an outrageous answer that I will copy and publish in the relevant travellers website.
Using the excuse of the time lapse to avoid responsibility and even investigation is simply ludicrous.
I have been trying to contact you to report on this incident and to try to resolve it since it happened in december.
But you ignored me so you caused the time lapse and then you said you cannot resolve it because of the time lapse.
I will also report this to the transport authority.

Fr

Comments

21st of Aug, 2013

I know how you feel. I have been trying to get response from Emirates regarding transporting my dog from Thailand to Johannesburg South Africa. They obviously have no clue about customer relations or they simply dont care. I have called call centres and e-mail but no response.
    I dont think I will ever fly with Emirates.

Johan

• Fr
      21st of Aug, 2013

And the annoying thing is that they have a good reputation, unlike low cost airlines. I dont know how they built that, and i wonder how we can make our voices heard on a larger scale than this board.