Emirates Airline / payment procedure

1 Perth Australia, Australia

Your booking ref: lzh43f

Hi,
This is the first time I have booked an emirates flight directly with emirates. I have flown with emirates previously, but only on code share arrangements with qantas.

I must advise you of my disappointment and that there is an issue that in my opinion needs attending to with regards to paying your airfares by direct debit.

After endeavoring to pay the $15, 221 plus for my airfares that according to your payment instructions, "i was required to pay you in one transaction". My bank rejected this amount as it was over their limit of $10, 000 for an online banking transaction.
They suggested I split the amount and make two separate payments under $10, 000 as all australian banks have a limit of $10, 000 on a single online direct debit unless one has a special token arrangement with the bank, which I don't have.

Your payment instructions do not allow for paying by two transactions, which resulted in me having to make a special trip to my bank and pay their fee to simply pay you,

This is crazy!! And makes a mockery of your online booking and payment system. It also delays payments that is totally not necessary.

Your offer for me to pay by my credit card is fine until one realizes the extra cost of $140 to use this option, to which I strongly object.

Clearly emirates needs to improve their system of payment to avoid this ridiculous state of affairs occurring.
Note:paying qantas or others for airfares online can be split into several amounts if necessary to avoid this situation occurring.

I look forward to your comments,

With kind regards,