Embarq / Scam and cheating

Embarq is losing a loyal customer. Residential / Small Business / Toll-free. I have 3 accounts. Joined them when they were Sprint. Have had major billing issues with them for the last two years with my business and toll free lines. My Small Business bill came in wrong half the time. Their unlimited long distance calling plan just wouldn't 'stick' and I would get high bills. And boy, did I dread calling in and being told 'It's not my department' and being transferred from one agent to another, or being told to call another telephone #. It wasn't unusual that I would spend one to two hours trying to get it straightened out. But eventually, I would get a rep that would be able to help. These angels need to be commended. The reps were not rude, just clueless. Too many departments that don't work or communicate together. And their business is communication! I started to resolve this month's bill discrepancy by calling the customer service # listed on my bill, as I usually do, on May 27th, as my toll-free line bill was 3 times what it 'normally' is. After not being able to resolve it with a rep named Richard, who tried to resolve it but could not because of Embarq's complicated pricing programs, a rep, named Jenny, assured me that a Supervisor would call me back. No Supervisor called, and I put off the inevitable hassle I would have to put myself through until the bill came due. So here's how this went on June 10th: 1) Called the customer service #listed on the bill -[protected]; 2) Rep told me to call another # [protected] ; 3) Stephanie in the Customer Service for Small business answered and said to call Accounts Receivable at [protected]; 4) Rose in Accounts Receivable said their department didn't handle it and told me to call Customer Service at [protected]; 5) This got me to Alyssa in Residential Customer Service who... 6) transferred me to Dianna. Dianna was my angel on this problem. She took care of it by finding a plan that works. And she warned me that my next bill will come in wrong and that I will have to call in, again, so that it can be adjusted to the new plan. Dianna is definitely an asset to the company. Good phone service, just lousy administration and billing. I'm looking for a company that's good on all points. By the way, I haven't had any problems with my residential bill. Must be a totally different company.

Comments

• Je
      11th of Jun, 2008

My name is Jenny and I work with Embarq online support team. I saw that you were having issues with your small business account over several months. We would hate for you to leave us due to these issues. You stated that Dianna has straightened out everything for you. I want you know that I am here to help you with any future issues that you may have with your business, toll free or local home account. You can email me anytime at Embarq_Jenny@Embarq.com .

Thanks
    Jenny R.
    Embarq online support team
    www.Embarq.com/FreeTV

• Ne
      18th of Aug, 2008

Seems like its too much aggravation to stay with this stupid company. I hope you have better luck in the future

• Ri
      20th of Sep, 2008

I wanted the Big Ten Network. I had it at first, now I don't because I'm not in the right zip code. The Bar around the corner has it and we are in the same zip. Some body is ripping me off I believe. Whats the real story here. Dick