eHarmony.com / terrible experience

I signed up for what I thought was just a 3 month subscription. Aftr using their program for about three weeks I decided that it just wasn't working like they say it should. I then went to cancel my subscription and had a very hard time finding a number to call to do so. I had to go on Google to actually find the number.

I then called and talk to them and and they told me that I could cancel but that I signed up for a 1 year program and that they were going to charge me 2 more payments of $79.80 and that they could not cancel those payments.

I think that they are very deceptive in their way of doing business and I would not recommend them to anyone. They make things very hard to find because they don't want you to be able to cancel something that does not work very well.

Businesses like this are only out to take your money and provide as little information as possible for you to contact them and try to get your money back or cancel your account.

I hope that someone will do something about Eharmony ripping poeple off with their deceptive policies.

Ja

Comments

• Ps
      15th of Feb, 2009

In March of 2007, I signed up with them. I emailed customer support if they had a free trial. They did, so I gave it a try. On the sixth day, I cancelled. They sent me a confirmation email 2 weeks later. All it said if I wanted to upgrade to a more expensive subscription.

When I got my credit card bill, they charged me $60. I emailed them back saying I cancelled. They told me since I was still active, they won't cancel my subscrption. I emailed them again telling them they have 24 hours to give me a refund or a month free or I was going to file a complaint with the BBB.

24 hours later, no response. Instead of contacting the BBB, I updated my profile bashing eharmony. Within an hour, I get a email saying I violated their agreement by putting contact information (email address or IM) or offensive language. I sent another email saying until they refund my money or give me a month free, what I wrote stays because the 2 dozen women they matched me with can read what I wrote.

The next day, I got 2 emails from them. One was letting me know they will give me a refund and deleting my profile. The second one was a receipt showing the refund. They honored it. And that was the last I heard from them.

So, there is a way to cancel and get a refund. You have to be aggressive with them.