eHarmony / scam

United States Review updated:

A total scam do not give them your money!!! Use free sites. Eharmony is a predatory services that takes advantage of people. For the money, they provide you nothing. They waste your time sending you matches that are non members/expired members (To draw them back into signing up) or people that are hundreds of miles away and 20 years older than you. This is just to sucker people out of their money. They will not allow you to cancel either and claim to not have my initial email to cancel within 24 hours. How convenient. Well they suckered me out of 200+ bucks, but I will give them their money worth by making sure everyone else knows what scammers they really are. Use plenty of fish!

Comments

Re
  8th of Apr, 2009
I too was scammed out of 185 bucks. They charged my card without my permission. When I attempted to get my money back, it has been quite difficult. I still have not been able to speak to anyone in person even though they claim to have 24hr/7days customer service. The matches they proveded were 10-20 years older than me . I did not see a single person I would be interested in.
De
  18th of Apr, 2009
I re-joined last week after cancelling my last subscription early. The promising match who lured me to re-join went through all the communication stages over a few days, always replying during business hours. When we reached Open Communication, he disappeared, which I found is typical.

I called eHarmony last night to ask for a refund of my $179.70, or to shorten the subscription and at least get a partial refund. They refused, and read a script that counseled me to re-take the personality profile, as it had been some time since I'd last taken it.

Fortunately, I paid with AMEX. I called them today and explained the situation. AMEX said they would give me a permanent credit, and charge it against eHarmony.
Si
  2nd of May, 2010
They are a huge scam! if you take a break from meeting people on there and go inactive. The next thing you know, you get a bunch of matches.. But once you change you status to accept new matches once again, then number of matches drops off dramatically! -go figure- Not to mention, the matches you do get NEVER respond to your requests to communicate. eHarmony only wants your money. They don't give a sh*t about YOU, only your payments. I filed a several complaints with the BBB about them, And I saw that I was one of many who got scammed by them. From now on, I will only do the free dating sites or ask friends if they have single friends.

Dr. Warren, you are about as low as Bernie Madoff. I hope you wake up one morning with Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC knocking on your door.

eHarmony Logo eHarmony