EFlow / Notice to pay charge

1 Ireland Review updated:

Our main toll road on the M50 motorway in Dublin has removed the barriers and toll booths.
Now drivers must pay by 8pm next day or face a double charge.
I went to work next day in my wifes car, could not remember the reg of my car, and because I would not get back to my house until after 8pm, I now must pay €6 each way instead of €3.
My complaint is that the time allowed is far too short. Drivers should be given at lease two days to pay not one.

Comments

9th of Feb, 2009

E-Flow are a disgarace. We have used the toll road 4 times in the last 3 weeks. We paid at the toll road each time we went through & have been issued letters from E-Flow for 4 separate LATE payments - .ie they claim we have not paid the toll even though we did it as we went through & now they want a total of 27.20 from us or they will take us to court - and we did not get receipts from the first two passages, so we cannot prove that we paid!!!
    That is 100% inefficiency & inaccuracy on their part, quite an achievement.

• Bb
      21st of Jul, 2009

Does anyone know if there is an independent body or regulator that complaints can be made to in respect of e-flow? I have just been charged €95 for 2 journeys and I only received a notice in the post today which is after the 14 days limit when the apply the first penalty. This is pure extortion!

I also spoke to one of their customer service agents who regularly implied that I had no intention of paying!

Brendan

• Co
      21st of Dec, 2009

Yes- I would also like to know who regulates eflow. I was just charged €98 for 2 journeys. I was at a wedding 3 weeks ago and totally forgot to pay. How can eflow get away with these extortionate rates and the time given to pay is a joke. Every other company in Ireland(Bord Gais, ESB, NTL) all give 30 days to pay your bill and dont charge 16 times the original bill if you forget to pay. How are eflow allowed to do this...