[Resolved] eDreams / name correction of an airline ticket

Barcelona - Spain, Spain

I booked and paid for flight ticket through Edreams for a friend on 16 May 2017 with Agean airlines from Moscow to Kalamata Greece and back on 6 August from Kalamata back to Moscow. The flight is scheldualed on 18 July. I live in Iceland but my friend lives in Russia. She is traveling with a 3 year old child. Soon after I had booked the ticket I noticed that the name of the ticket holder was correctly written but first name was written instead of the last name and vice versa. Like Smith John (as it is supposed to be) instead of John Smith as an example. I looked like I had by a simple mistake (a simple human mistake that takes few seconds to make) or something had happend in the process with issuing the ticket after I had written this? I will never know which way it is as I can not og back in time and see what happened. Still the name of the child was correctly spelled and everything as it should be, first name first and then surname, like John Smith but not Smith John.
Soon after I found out about this I contacted the company Edreams describing the situation and requested correction. I sent in via email with my booking reference and everything needed. I got the reply that they had received my case and there it said:, , Please note that the airline may refuse boarding if the information on the ticket does not match with the identification document you are travelling with.Once again thank you for contacting eDreams and we hope that we can be of service to you again soon. If any inquiries arise regarding your eDreams booking, please visit our web-page and click on the "help" link. Here you will find all the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ).
On 19 May I called Edreams and was transferred to a call center which could not do much but referred me to someone else. I talked to two persons that day and the basic conclusion was that I would be contacted back and this correction (with new tickets being issued) would take about 10 days. I waited patiently but nothing happend so I called again on June 5 and I was again transferred to this call center (which is placed somewhere in India I quess, as the one I talked to spoke English with an Indian accent). That person could not give me any clear answer, only that my request was had been received and was in process. I was not happy with that answer so he transferred me to a lady (senior employee to the first one) that said to me after I had gone described to her was this was about and would need to get and answer soon and a solution to my problem. She (I can´t remeber her name, did not note that with me) said she would get my enquiry to marked as a priority and would send it along to another person.
Today 12. June I am still waiting and not knowing how this will develop. All this has ceated a lot of problems, for myself as for the ticket holder who as to apply for a visa and have all her travel documents ready in time. Apart from the stress and worries that is uncertainty has created in relation to all travel plans etc. All because of a few seconds mistake using a computer in booking an airline ticket. They have got the money and having to call and write all the time is an additional cost and takes time and energy. This is a company that says it wants to have good service and asks you to fill out a survey about their services. Anyone who reads this can see that this is absolutely unacceptable service and I will never ever have nothing to do with this company again if they don´t show some sign of helping out in this problem by at least issuing a new ticket.
Only answer I have got so far is:, , Please note that the airline may refuse boarding if the information on the ticket does not match with the identification document you are travelling with.
1. Will the airline (Agean airline) refuse passenger boarding if the information on the ticket does not match with the identification document you are travelling with? The names are correctly spelled and the person can still prove who she is. The surname is issued before the first name. Will that hinder he person being allowed to board the plane?
2. What can I do to prove my case? Do they need to see a photocopied issue of my friends passport? Or what?
Due to the fact that everything has been paid for, this simple thing and simple enquire is really becoming a big issue and our worries and stress is building up day by day. I need to know where I stand in this case.
This is totally unacceptible service (NO SERVICE). EDREAMS are turing into a NIGHTMARE!!! What can I do? By every day that goes situation gets worse and more costly.

• Resolution statement

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Oct 24, 2017

Hi Traveler25,

Thank you for your message and apologies for the delayed response.

I can see that your travel date has already passed, however if you still required assistance, can you please submit a ticket below:

Best regards,
    Christos - Customer care.

Tr