[Resolved] eDreams / attempting to correct ticketing error
At the end of june I booked a flight from cambodia to macedonia (Phnom penh to bangkok to tehran with air asia, then tehran to istanbul to skopje with pegasus) through edreams.
Around the 7th of july I noticed my last name was written twice on my ticket confirmation (I. E. Showing as joe bloggs bloggs rather than joe bloggs). I immediately contacted both air asia and pegasus to check if this was in fact an error or simply a quirk of the way the confirmation email is printed (I did attempt to contact edreams as well but the call was repeatedly cut).
Pegasus stated the way it was written was fine and no change was necessary. I wasn't entirely convinced of this and, without that in writing, I indicated I would like to remove the duplicate last name just to be safe. They stated this would need to be done through edreams as they were who I booked through.
Air asia on the other hand were happy to change the name on the spot, free of charge, and did so.
Since the 7th of july I have spent over two and a half hours contacting edreams customer service, either talking to operators, on hold, or being cut off from calls. I have phoned over a dozen times. All to try and change the pegasus airlines section of the ticket.
1. On my initial calls, usually taking about 15 minutes each, the operator I spoke to would briefly put me on hold as they attempted to contact pegasus airlines (For all of a minute or two). They would then return, claim they couldn't get through and tell me to call edreams back later. So roughly 15 minutes of phone time so they could make a 1 minute attempt at contacting an airline I had already managed to contact myself. This repeated over a half dozen or so calls.
2. During my last three calls I was told I was now on a "call-back" and would be contacted by edreams in 24 hours. I have not once received these calls promised by edreams.
3. The last two times I called to chase these up I have been told emphatically that I need not contact edreams again as they will contact me. Likewise, I have heard nothing.
What should be a simple correction, one that may not even be the result of an error, which I could no doubt have corrected on my initial phone call to pegasus if it weren't for the fact I had booked via edreams (Lesson learnt), has now become an ongoing saga taking up time and costing (Calls from cambodia to their spanish office) during a trip where I would rather not be struggling with this kind of thing.
Moreover, edreams claims the correction will cost £25 (Their charge), another undisclosed sum (The charge from pegasus), plus the cost of the re-issued ticket (Which I hate to think what that will cost!). Each day longer this takes, escalates the cost - a cost I am now determined not to pay given the utterly appalling customer service I have received and what appears to be intentional delaying tactics.
At this minute, just hours before I am likely to be on the road again with limited phone/internet access, and just 2 days before I fly to tehran nothing has been resolved. I am under specific instructions not to call edreams. But as things stand, once I reach tehran I will not be allowed to board my plane out! This situation is kafkaesque.
I have now taken to recording my phone conversations with edreams so have this on record for the inevitable fight over payment.
Be warned! Based on this experience I would discourage anyone from using edreams. You will not only be left high-and-dry if you need support, but they appear to actively inhibit you, at substantial cost, from resolving issues!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
eDreams_en.'s Response, Jul 21, 2016
Thank you very much for all the information provided.
We will check your request with the airline and once we have more information, we will contact you via e-mail.
More eDreams Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] eDreams - fraudulent claims and withholding of money 
- Vacaciones eDreams S. L - Shady Business Practices 
- [Resolved] eDreams - dishonesty, bad attitude 
- eDreams Limited - taking the amount of £72.54, just for trying to book a ticket, nothing was booked but i was charged on the a couple days later?? 
- [Resolved] eDreams - scam 
- [Resolved] eDreams - flight booking 
- eDreams - lack of service
- eDreams - airfare price
- eDreams - your booking reference number with edreams is 3321299898.
- Vacaciones eDreams - paid for tickets, none received