[Resolved] eDreams / attempting to correct ticketing error

Spain, United Kingdom Review updated:

At the end of june I booked a flight from cambodia to macedonia (Phnom penh to bangkok to tehran with air asia, then tehran to istanbul to skopje with pegasus) through edreams.

Around the 7th of july I noticed my last name was written twice on my ticket confirmation (I. E. Showing as joe bloggs bloggs rather than joe bloggs). I immediately contacted both air asia and pegasus to check if this was in fact an error or simply a quirk of the way the confirmation email is printed (I did attempt to contact edreams as well but the call was repeatedly cut).

Pegasus stated the way it was written was fine and no change was necessary. I wasn't entirely convinced of this and, without that in writing, I indicated I would like to remove the duplicate last name just to be safe. They stated this would need to be done through edreams as they were who I booked through.

Air asia on the other hand were happy to change the name on the spot, free of charge, and did so.

Since the 7th of july I have spent over two and a half hours contacting edreams customer service, either talking to operators, on hold, or being cut off from calls. I have phoned over a dozen times. All to try and change the pegasus airlines section of the ticket.

1. On my initial calls, usually taking about 15 minutes each, the operator I spoke to would briefly put me on hold as they attempted to contact pegasus airlines (For all of a minute or two). They would then return, claim they couldn't get through and tell me to call edreams back later. So roughly 15 minutes of phone time so they could make a 1 minute attempt at contacting an airline I had already managed to contact myself. This repeated over a half dozen or so calls.

2. During my last three calls I was told I was now on a "call-back" and would be contacted by edreams in 24 hours. I have not once received these calls promised by edreams.

3. The last two times I called to chase these up I have been told emphatically that I need not contact edreams again as they will contact me. Likewise, I have heard nothing.

What should be a simple correction, one that may not even be the result of an error, which I could no doubt have corrected on my initial phone call to pegasus if it weren't for the fact I had booked via edreams (Lesson learnt), has now become an ongoing saga taking up time and costing (Calls from cambodia to their spanish office) during a trip where I would rather not be struggling with this kind of thing.

Moreover, edreams claims the correction will cost £25 (Their charge), another undisclosed sum (The charge from pegasus), plus the cost of the re-issued ticket (Which I hate to think what that will cost!). Each day longer this takes, escalates the cost - a cost I am now determined not to pay given the utterly appalling customer service I have received and what appears to be intentional delaying tactics.

At this minute, just hours before I am likely to be on the road again with limited phone/internet access, and just 2 days before I fly to tehran nothing has been resolved. I am under specific instructions not to call edreams. But as things stand, once I reach tehran I will not be allowed to board my plane out! This situation is kafkaesque.

I have now taken to recording my phone conversations with edreams so have this on record for the inevitable fight over payment.

Be warned! Based on this experience I would discourage anyone from using edreams. You will not only be left high-and-dry if you need support, but they appear to actively inhibit you, at substantial cost, from resolving issues!

• Resolution statement

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Jul 21, 2016

Dear DaveMartin,

Thank you very much for all the information provided.

We will check your request with the airline and once we have more information, we will contact you via e-mail.

Kind regards,

Lucy

Da
Jul 18, 2016

Comments

•   Jul 18, 2016

Dear Dave,

Thanks for posting your review and bringing this issue to our attention.

In order to help you with your name correction, we kindly ask you to update this review and provide us your booking code.

Once we receive this information, we will contact the airlines and we will give you a reply soon.

We hope to be hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Lucy

Jul 18, 2016

Reference is: 2037246219.

I leave Cambodia in an hour and depart for Tehran in a little over 24 hours. I will not really be in a position to chase this up by phone from now so trust this will be resolved by then - yet again I haven't received the most recent call I was promised "on Monday".

Jul 19, 2016

Lucy, I cannot seemingly edit the contents of my post. My reference is, as above, 2037246219.

I leave for Tehran in a few hours. It has now almost been two weeks since I first tried to have my ticket corrected. I've heard NOTHING from eDreams in that time to indicate this is being resolved and to my knowledge I am now about to fly in to a country that I do not have a valid ticket to fly out of.

I need to fly to Skopje on business while Tehran is a city with poorly equipped visitor infrastructure (I am required to stay at a 4* hotel as part of the visa on arrival requirements), somewhat suspicious officials and where visa cards are not valid. It is not somewhere I want to be stranded in - which is exactly what I anticipate happening!

To say I am displeased with eDreams support on this matter is an understatement.

Jul 20, 2016

eDreams,

Are you actually going to do anything?

I am now in Tehran where Internet and phone access is heavily curtailed. Despite calling you yesterday from Bangkok Airport just peior to my departure and receiving yet another assurance the ticketting error would be dealt with NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE!

My online check-in with Pegasus Airlines still shows my name is incorrect and I have still not received any calls/emails back from you.

I am speechless at the complete disregard you are showing and what appears to be repeated flagrant lies that you are working to resolve the problem!!!

Jul 25, 2016

By way of follow up for anyone interested:

I was contacted on my final day in Iran and advised that the name change had been attempted by eDreams and was now dependent on auctioning by Pegasus. While reassuring to know something was being done this didn't bring me any more confidence that I would be able to board my flight. A subsequent email informed me that a relevant note had been recorded with Pegasus so my check-in would proceed unimpeded.

Check-in did indeed go flawlessly although my name was still incorrect on my boarding pass. This left a potential for problems at both Tehran airport's immigration exit gate and at with my onward connection from Istanbul to Skpje, but these too thankfully proceeded without problem.

So I reached my destination in the end, though still disturbed at the length of time taken, difficulty and the lack of (until just hours before departure) guarantees that I could board my flight. Whether these are eDreams or Pegasus Airlines fault will likely never be clear. But, based on this experience, eDreams is NOT a service I could recommend to others.