Edible Arrangements / Poor quality fruit!

1 Monroe, NY, United States Review updated:

Buyer beware!!! I received a fruit arrangement and the majority of the fruit was not ripe. The honeydew and cantelope were visibly not ripe. When you tried to eat them, they were as hard as a rock. The cutout pineapple flowers were very pretty but were brown around the edges. The only fruit that we were able to eat were the strawberries and the grapes. Needless to say, it was a very expensive arrangements for two spears of grapes and six strawberries.

I received the arrangement on a sunday and I had a very busy few days at work. On friday I called the local franchise that made and delivered it to me. I had to call the store 2x before the owner finally called me back.In a nutshell he told me that, "he owns his own business and he makes time to take care of his problems, because I didn't call earlier, he would do nothing for me. " I couldn't believe how obnoxious and rude he was to me. I reminded him that I was a repeat customer and I feel that he should do something for me. He restated no and that was that!!

The owners name is michael and I would stay far far away from this franchise. He does not appreciate his customers and he does not stand behind his product!!

Buyer beware!!!

M

Comments

• Ia
      16th of May, 2008

I'm sorry to hear the one in New York is no good. We have two in Huntsville, Alabama and they are great! I have gotten this for many occasions from funeral dinners to wedding receptions and even once for a church dinner and all of them were wonderful. You should report the owner to the company because this will give them a black eye!

• Ca
      15th of Jul, 2008

Found an article that agrees with you. EA baskets are not worth it!

• Bo
      23rd of Oct, 2008

we have one in chattanooga tn... and i have purchased three fruit baskets... the fruits were not fresh...unriped... strawberries were more sour than a lemon. this has occurred three different times. i have heard that others have experience similar problem bad fruit baskets. talking about edible arrangements... what a bunch of horse dung. the damn fruits are not edibe at all.PLEASE IF ANYONE VISITS CHATTANOOGA TN... AT ALL COST AVOID THAT AWFUL STORE.

• El
      15th of Nov, 2008

I have been using Edible Arrangement (all different locations) since 2004, and I would NEVER send any other gifts BUT an Edible Arrangement! I ABSOLOUTELY LOVE THEM! Yes, mistakes do happen from time to time, but Edible Arrangements always make up fro them & then some! Keep up the YUMMY work & GREAT customer service!

• My
      27th of Jan, 2009

I agree with Elise!! Every business makes mistakes from time to time, the important thing is how the business handles it. I have gotten items from Edible Arrangements several times. 99% of the time, everything is perfect, but if there is an issue they do fix it for you. I have dealt with mostly the Orange County NY locations and they have been nothing but great. If the stores in other locations are bad, then it is because the owner or manager doesn't care enough. You can't generalize all stores because of bad experiences with the one near you.