Economy Car Rentals / double charged for my car hire via economy car rentals in cape town, south africa

South Africa Review updated:

I have a complaint to make as I have been overcharged for my car rental Europcar in Cape Town which I booked by Economy Car Rentals .

1. On 17th Dec I booked Europacar and paid Economy Car Rentals R 1140.02 and as per attached voucher I was supposed to pay remaining R 1876.02 to Europacar.
2. Which taking the car in capetown Europacar took R 7621 as security deposit and I was told that when we return the car, after 2-3 days they will deduct my remaining amount and return the rest.
3. On 27th Dec (I gave back the car on 25th Dec) I receive the mail from Europacar saying they have deducted 2934 and returned the rest.
4. I was only supposed to pay 1876.02 as I had already paid remaining 1140.02 to Economy Car Rentals. They have again taken the full amount again and this is a double payment from my side.

• Economy Car Rentals Customer Care's Response, Jan 23, 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Could you please advise your voucher number in order to check this case further with the car rental company?

Thank you for your response.

Best regards,