Econo Lodge / not canceling a reservation when it was requested

1 Watervliet-Shaker Rd.Latham, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 518-785-1414

Made a reservation on Dec. 12, 2008 because there was an ice storm in upstate NY and we had lost power. After making the reservation our plans changed and I called and said I wanted to cancel the reservation. The person who took my call was talking to me while she was talking to someone else in the background. She proceeded to tell me that the computer was down and she would take my name and make the cancellation a little later when the computer came back. Well, needless to say, she did not do what she said she was going to do. My credit card was charged $85. I called to fix the "mistake" and was told that I didn't call to cancel that's why my card was charged and that the computer was not down on that day, even though that is what I was told by the pre-occupied person at the front desk who answered the phone. I have contacted Choice Hotels Customer Relations and filed a complaint. I am still trying to get a hold of a manager at this hotel. I was told that the owners of the hotel are in India. Great huh?! They have 7-10 days to get back to me after the complaint is filed. I will continue to call to get my credit of $85. And I will NEVER make another reservation at an Econo Lodge .

Ke

Comments

• Di
      18th of May, 2009

I am just beginning a battle with an "Econo Lodge" in Monterey, CA. I was also charged for a room I did not stay in. I was mislead by the manager and the room smelled of a pungent odor which I believe was some kind of chemical used to cover up another odor which could be any source unknown. My friend has respiratory allergies and we were only standing in the room for about 2 minutes. We went elsewhere after returning the keys, and were told the room was "used" and they had a receipt (for the charge to my credit card) that said I had checked in!! Unbelievable!! Bad service, unclean rooms and misleading me about use of a roll away bed...I am not going to sit back and take this abuse of a profit hungry motel franchise that has NO customer service skills!!