Econo Lodge / not canceling a reservation when it was requested
Made a reservation on Dec. 12, 2008 because there was an ice storm in upstate NY and we had lost power. After making the reservation our plans changed and I called and said I wanted to cancel the reservation. The person who took my call was talking to me while she was talking to someone else in the background. She proceeded to tell me that the computer was down and she would take my name and make the cancellation a little later when the computer came back. Well, needless to say, she did not do what she said she was going to do. My credit card was charged $85. I called to fix the "mistake" and was told that I didn't call to cancel that's why my card was charged and that the computer was not down on that day, even though that is what I was told by the pre-occupied person at the front desk who answered the phone. I have contacted Choice Hotels Customer Relations and filed a complaint. I am still trying to get a hold of a manager at this hotel. I was told that the owners of the hotel are in India. Great huh?! They have 7-10 days to get back to me after the complaint is filed. I will continue to call to get my credit of $85. And I will NEVER make another reservation at an Econo Lodge .
More Econo Lodge Complaints & Reviews
- Econo Lodge - Billing issues! 
- Choice Privileges (Choice Hotels) - didn't credit proper points! 
- Choice Hotels / Every Day Guests - rip off 
- Econo Lodge - Discriminatioon & Refund Policy 
- Choice Privileges - deceptive advertising 
- Choice Hotels - customer service 
- Choice Hotels International - phone cancellation of reservation not honored.
- Choice Hotels International - econo lodge room rolla, mo.
- Quality Inn Hotel - room reservation
- Econolodge 190 Tunnel Road - motel