Ecco Shoes / great uppers rotting soles

1 Camarillo, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 805-384-1996

I bought a pair of ECCO TRACK Waterproof shoes, paying nearly $200.00 at a store in Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks--I hesitated at the price but was sold when my wife said, "You deserve a good pair of shoes." I did not deserve what happened to them after not more than half-a-dozen wearings. We were at a restaurant when I happened to look down at the floor, thinking I had stepped on some food waste--it was the entire raised (foam?) sole coming off in pieces, as the attached photos will attest. I emailed them, noting even that while a resident of Denmark (company's home, I believe), I had become impressed by the quality of Danish products and the apparent way in which Danish companies did business which seem to place great emphasis on pride in service and products.
I received no answer and have this pair rotting shoes--only the soles, not the uppers which look fantastic, still.
UGH! If Ecco can hear the Echo, at least honor your customers with some kind of response. Which I don't expect now, some three weeks later. Moreover, after seeing the rest of the board on this one, I'll just chalk it up to a sad experience and hopefully warn some others off making the mistake I did. J. Benti

Comments

• Ga
      27th of Sep, 2014

I had an identical problem. I had a wonderful pair of ecco shoes that lasted ten years. Then... when I finally had to replace them, I bought - you guessed it two pair of eccos! Within a few months these shoes began dissolving of the soles. Both Pairs!!! DON'T BUY ECCO SHOES!!! They changed their recipe for the soles and they are no longer stable and reliable. Such a shame as I loved those original shoes.

2nd of Dec, 2014

I have the very same issue. With two pairs of Eccos that have been the most comfortable shoes I have owned, all of a sudden they BOTH disintegrated on the soles. A pair of expensive business shoes that were over $200 and a pair of casual, slip ons. Within one week, they both disintegrated and are no longer usable. I will attempt to do a return/ exchange, but both pairs were purchased more than a year ago. Their one year warranty is insufficient for their inferior quality rubber soles. I fear they will give me the same cool shoulder. I have had shoes by similar high end manufacturers like Mephistopheles and Allen Edmuns that are far older, equally expensive, with far better customer protection. I will not buy Eccos any more.