Having problems with Ecco?

Ecco reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 7, 2007. The latest review shoe sole came off after wearing for less than 10 times. was posted on Oct 22, 2021. The latest complaint Unethical Behavior was resolved on Sep 01, 2021. Ecco has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 228 reviews. Ecco has resolved 131 complaints.

Ecco Customer Service Contacts

8800 444 2525 (Russia)
+45 74 911 625 (Denmark)
+1 877 240 2365 (United States)
+44 172 682 9510 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 859 210 (Ireland)
+61 130 013 8099 (Australia)
+84 800 377 326 (New Zealand)
+32 28 990 810 (Belgium)
+385 13 445 790 (Croatia)
+420 327 710 080 (Czech Republic)
+372 618 9510 (Estonia)
+371 67 651 240 (Latvia & Estonia)
+370 52 077 850 (Lithiania)
+31 202 622 080 (Netherlands)
+421 233 325 590 (Slovakia)
+386 18 280 280 (Slovenia)
+65 69 088 030 (Singapore)
+82 316 284 800 (South Korea)
Industrivej 5

Flyginfarten 4, Postbox 1029, 177 38 Järfälla, Sweden

Switzerland
Rothusstrasse 17, 6331 Hünenberg, Switzerland

Turkey
Esentepe Mah. Buyukdere Cad. Bahar Sok., № 13 River Plaza Kat : 5/10, 34394 Sisli - Istanbul

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ecco Customer Service. Initial Ecco complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ecco above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ecco. Discuss the issues you have had with Ecco and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ecco Complaints & Reviews

ECCOshoe sole came off after wearing for less than 10 times.

I bought this shoe just this year (less than a year) and worn it for less than ten times. And right now both sides of the shoe sole is ripping apart. Please refer to the pictures. I bought this shoe for such an expensive price and this is the quality that i got. Hope Ecco would do something (e.g. send me a voucher to claim another pair of shoe)? I bought it from Gurney Paragon Ecco branch in Penang, Malaysia.

The price of the shoe was more than RM500, close to RM600. With such a quality it is really disappointing.

ECCOshoes

On a visit to NYC in October 2019, we bought a pair of man's leather shoes for my husband at a store on Madison Ave.
    I do not keep invoices for over two years, so no invoice is available.
    He hardly wore them. Lately, he has wanted to use them and found the soles disintegrated; once he started walking, they left black greasy marks on the wooden floor and black pieces from the soles fell all over.

• Ecco's response · Oct 21, 2021

Thank you for the comments. I have sent your information to our Israel Customer service who should be reaching out to you.

Kind Regards
        ECCO USA Consumer Customer service.

ECCOGolf shoes

Hi,
      The golf shoes I bought lost 2 of the inserts where the cleats are fitted. I returned them to the shop in Faro Portugal where they were purchased still within the guarantee period. I left them with them for a few weeks and got a call saying that they would replace them. I then got another call asking if I would be happy to accept black as they did not have white. No problem for me. Then I received another call saying that they did not have that shoe anymore. So I could come back to the shop and get a voucher to spend in store. As I bought the shoes in the sales, there is nothing I could buy are want to buy. I asked about a refund and the said no refunds company policy. Under EU law I should be entitled to full refund for defective goods if I'm not happy with a credit note.
      Regards,
      Mr Alexander Moynihan.

• Ecco's response · Oct 19, 2021

Thank you for reaching out to ECCO USA. I have sent your comments to our Portugal customer service. They should reach out to you in the next day or two. If they do not, their email is [email protected]

ECCO USA Consumer Customer Service

ECCOECCO Shoe soles

The tops of my shoes look like they are brand new. However the soles look like they are rotting apart. They are so comfortable and I don't wear them often because they are my dress shoes. But this weekend my wife noticed black rubber parts on the floor and it was the soles. It appears that ECCO has a known issue as I see there are many such complaints.

ECCO Shoe soles

• Ecco's response · Oct 13, 2021

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your shoes. Please send them in to be evaluated under our warranty program. To open a claim with us, please click here: https://us.ecco.com/service-pages/warranty/warranty-details.html. Be sure to follow the instructions and use your prepaid shipping label provided at the end of the process to send your shoes back to us for our warranty department to review. Please kindly note that this process for inspection could take up to 6-8 weeks.
            If you have any further questions, please call ECCO Customer Service at [protected].

Oct 06, 2021

Ecco Shoes — Golf shoes

I found the advert on a Google Ad which is still active and about 4 down on the front page from the Google...

ECCOManufacture defect

I wore my gore-tex Ecco shoes and as I walked I felt a funny bouncing at the bottom. When I looked, I was shocked to see the bottom of shoes started disintegrating. My left shoe is totally broken and my right shoe bottom has cracked and ready to become same. Please see the picture of my left shoe as attached. I've taken very good care of my shoes and top sole is as good as new, bottom is NOT worn out from walking and yet the bottom of the shoe is totally destroyed from inside. I would expect Ecco shoes to have an outstanding quality and have long lasting life and this doesn't feel like it.
          Incident happened and the picture taken on Oct 4th, 2021.
          I would like a replacement or repair if that's even possible.
          Regards
          My name: Oktay Ozkan
          Email: [protected]@yahoo.ca

Manufacture defect

• Ecco's response · Oct 08, 2021

I have forwarded your information to our Canada Customer service. They should be getting in touch with you.

ECCO USA Customer Service.

Respond

ECCOSole of the shoes that are disintegrating from the first use.

Looks like you have big problems with the soles of your shoes. It costs about 100 euros and has one time use. Is not possible to disintegrate from the first use. I was at the office with them and I was soo embarrassed because pieces of them started to fall. Is such a pity that the leather is so good quality and I have to throw it away. I don't know how you can convince me to buy a new pair, because now i'm left with the opinion that your only supplier is a disaster. It is not possible to pay 100eur for a pair of shoes and be ashamed from the first use, because the sole decomposes.

Sep 05, 2021

ECCO — Golf shoes

Hi, I bought a pair of Ecco white Velcro strap golf shoes whilst on holiday they were in the sale, to be...

ECCOUnethical Behavior

On 8/31/2021 I tried to purchase 2 pairs of shoes on Ecco's website. I used my Visa Debit Card. I received an error saying to contact my CC company. I checked online and there is nothing wrong with my account. On 9/1/2021 I used my wife's CC, same error message. I check online, and now I have two charges pending!!! No credit card works on their site but there are charges appearing for these now multiple purchases.

• Ecco's response · Sep 01, 2021

Hi Milan,
                  We apologize you are experiencing some issues placing an order with us. Please note if you did not receive an order confirmation # then it is a temporary authorization that will fall off your credit card within 7 business days. Please see below criteria that needs to be in order to place an order with us:
                  We accept the following methods of payment: Payment Methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Paypal.

When placing an order on us.ecco.com, your credit card payment will be processed when your order is shipped. PayPal payments are taken at the time of ordering. Your transaction is always secure. At this time, ECCO can only accept orders placed from devices with IP addresses within the US and only with credit cards drawn on US banks.

If you are meeting all of this criteria and are still unable to place an order with us please contact us through us.ecco.com and we would be happy to help you place an order.

ECCOShoes, shoe sole failure

Customer Service,

I have the same problems as other buyers of Ecco shoes where the soles have fallen apart. I've read the complaints of Hieke Wijnsma (July 18, 2021), Michael Savuto (Jun 30, 2021), Roger100971, Jacqueline Cordell (Jun 18, 2021), Susan Schiff (May 25, 2021), Leora Druchman (Jun 07, 2021), Cheques (Jun 07, 2021), and many others who have the same concerns that the soles of various Ecco synthetic soles have fallen apart. So, I'm not the Lone Ranger on Ecco synthetic sole failures!!! Their experiences and complaints are the same experience I had yesterday while wearing a pair of Ecco shoes, which I store in the original Ecco shoe box when not being worn.
                The upper leather portions of the shoes are in excellent condition but the soles just broke apart. Very disappointing experience for such a shoe failure, and for a product that cost well over a hundred dollars. After reading the reviews of others about their similar experience, I will not consider getting another pair of Ecco shoes having synthetic soles or possibly any kind of Ecco shoes. Your company needs to resolve the sole failure problems!!!
                The shoes were purchased from Macy's store several years ago and the store will not provide any customer service satisfaction other than "sorry" which is a sorry state of affairs!!!

Russ-South Pasadena, California

• Ecco's response · Sep 02, 2021

Thank you for your email and choosing Ecco! We are sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your shoes. The good news is that you may be eligible to receive some compensation towards another pair of shoes through our warranty program. To open a claim with us, please click here: https://us.ecco.com/service-pages/warranty/warranty-details.html. Be sure to follow the instructions and use your prepaid shipping label provided at the end of the process to send your shoes back to us for our warranty department to review. Please kindly note that this process for inspection could take up to 6-8 weeks.

ECCOEcco lace up shoes

I purchased a pair of lace up brogue eccos. Have worn them twice. The third time today running through the hospital my soles collapsed and chunks of the soles were flying through the air! The the other part of the sole split. Apart from the fact I nearly fell over with a million hospital staff who also purchase ecco shoes watching.

I paid a small fortune for these shoes and am really disappointed.
                  I normally buy 6 to 8 pairs of ecco shoes per year. This is the second time this has happened to me. My ecco sandals also died a familiar death as the sole snapped in half. Thinking it was a once of bad pair I did not complain.
                  Boot makers refuse to resole ecco shoes.

• Ecco's response · Aug 31, 2021

Hi Piccolo,
                      ECCO cannot and does not recommend repairing or resoling of our shoes because that would adjust their fit and comfort level.
                      Please send them in for a warranty evaluation. To open a claim with us, please click here: https://us.ecco.com/service-pages/warranty/warranty-details.html. Be sure to follow the instructions and use your prepaid shipping label provided at the end of the process to send your shoes back to us for our warranty department to review. Please kindly note that this process for inspection could take up to 8 weeks. If your shoes are deemed defective you will not receive them back. We will send you an online coupon voucher to use towards another pair of shoes at Ecco.com.

ECCOecco outlet online website

i bought a shoe on this website on aug. 16, was charged 89.95, didnt get any order confirmation or anything, you can't contact any costumer service as there is no info for contact, on my statement it comes up as jason ives, not even ecco, please be aware that this is a total scam and there should be some awareness on this matter

i lost close to $100 in this scam

ECCOBoots

I bought a pair of Ecco boots in December. I thought I'd pay more and get quality. I did not get quality. The uppers are great: quality leather & gore Tex, well put together.
                      The problem is the soles: as you can see in the photos the heels have crumbled. This started almost immediately. They now literally flap after no more than 6 wears: around 60 km of walking.
                      I've contacted Ecco, but because I don't have reciept they aren't interested. "Take it up with the store". I just want them to fix my boots! Not interested in money back.
                      Hey Ecco! Fix my boots! I now know crumbling soles is an issue with your shoes. Not acceptable at the price you charge!

• Ecco's response · Aug 12, 2021

Hello Jennifer,
                          ECCO cannot repair boots but you can send them into warranty for a free evaluation.

• Updated by Jennifer Wyland · Aug 31, 2021

OMG I've tried multiple times to complete form. There is no NEXT button at end of form! What is going on with your company?!

• Ecco's response · Sep 02, 2021

Thank you for your comments and choosing Ecco! We are sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your shoes. The good news is that you may be eligible to receive some compensation towards another pair of shoes through our warranty program. To open a claim with us, please click here: https://us.ecco.com/service-pages/warranty/warranty-details.html. Be sure to follow the instructions and use your prepaid shipping label provided at the end of the process to send your shoes back to us for our warranty department to review. Please kindly note that this process for inspection could take up to 6-8 weeks. If your shoes are deemed defective you will not receive them back. We will send you an online coupon voucher to use towards another pair of shoes at Ecco.com.

Jennifer,
                          If you are still having problems with filling out the on line form, please contact our customer service so they can provide you assistance.
                          [protected]

Respond

ECCONon delivery of paid item

Ecco shoes ordered on 17th July 2021 have not been delivered and no delivery details have been given.
                        Shoes were paid for on 17th July 2021 and the money left my account on that day.
                        ECCO SOFT 7 SNEAKERS FOR MEN- DARK BLUE/DARK BROWN
                        [protected] size 10
                        1.Please inform me of the reason for this delay and when I can expect delivery.
                        2. Also inform me of why the payment was taken from my bank and no confirmation email or delivery details were sent to me.

Robert Oldfield

ECCOEcco golf shoes

These are a model I think you have discontinued. It's leather upper and looks more like a dress shoe than a golf shoe.
                          I've had them much more than a year, but they show hardly any wear.
                          The soles are splitting and coming apart. I am happy to provide photos
                          The heel are also beginning to split, longitudinally like the soles. Continued wear will certainly result in soles coming off

• Ecco's response · Aug 05, 2021

Thank you for the pictures and inquiry. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your shoes. The good news is that you may be eligible to receive some compensation towards another pair of shoes through our warranty program. To open a claim with us, please click here: https://us.ecco.com/service-pages/warranty/warranty-details.html. Be sure to follow the instructions and use your prepaid shipping label provided at the end of the process to send your shoes back to us for our warranty department to review. Please kindly note that this process for inspection could take up to 6-8 weeks. If your shoes are deemed defective you will not receive them back. We will send you an online coupon voucher to use towards another pair of shoes at Ecco.com.

Respond

ECCORubber soles of my still new shoes are crumbling away

I have started wearing my new shoes today for the first time and the rubber soles are crumbling away!
                            Which is a great thing for the environment once they end up in the landfill but not good when they are on my feet…. (I kept this pair as spare during my last visit to the Netherlands.) I am a huge fan of Ecco's and am devastated to see these beautiful and comfortable shoes see deteriorate!
                            Hoping for a good outcome, looking forward to your reply.
                            Kind regards,
                            Hieke Wijnsma

• Ecco's response · Jul 19, 2021

ECCO USA Consumer Customer Service

1 Response
                              • Go
                                Gold Rust Jul 19, 2021

Shoe goo might work good. I have used it before.

ECCOshoes

My husband went out to mow the awn and came back in with the sole of his shoe coming off. It is disintegrating. I have two pairs and I am afraid for him to wear the other pair. I do not have the warrantee on these shoes but wanted you to know that I will be very leary of purchasing Ecco shoes again. We have always been happy with the quality before.

• Ecco's response · Jul 13, 2021

Hello Valued ECCO Customer,

Kind Regards
                                  ECCO USA Consumer Customer Service.

ECCODisintergration of soles

The heal of the sole of my ECCO shoes just started to fall apart today. I was sitting at my desk and when I looked down there was black debris on the chair mat. When I looked at the sole of my shoes it was apparent that the outside of the heal on both shoes was failing in the same manner. The sole had cracked all the way through to the leather and the rubber tread was separating form the foam of the sole. ECCO shoes are the only shoes I have ever had this problem with, having had two pairs of boots with sole failures. I really like the ECCO shoes in all ways except for these kinds of failures. I don't know if ECCO has found a way to keep this from happening in newer products, but I hope so. I would like to continue to buy ECCO's, but failures like this don't make that an easy choice.

• Ecco's response · Jul 04, 2021

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your shoes. The good news is that you may be eligible to receive some compensation towards another pair of shoes through our warranty program. To open a claim with us, please click here: https://us.ecco.com/service-pages/warranty/warranty-details.html. Be sure to follow the instructions and use your prepaid shipping label provided at the end of the process to send your shoes back to us for our warranty department to review. Please kindly note that this process for inspection could take up to 6-8 weeks. If your shoes are deemed defective you will not receive them back. We will send you an online coupon voucher to use towards another pair of shoes at us.ecco.com.

Kind Regards,
                                    ECCO USA Customer Service

ECCOSoft 7 runner men’s perforated sneakers

Ecco customer Service Lied!
                                  Followed the procedure for a return, plus called Ecco customer service explained the size problem, CS said to return, mark for exchange foe a different size. Ask about whether size was available, he checked and said he would mark for exchange and hold the size needed. Return was delivered but a credit was issued almost a month after the return, Called and Customer service Scott said CS was wrong, they could not hold for exchange. Total lie. I like the shoes but the customer service lies need to stop or fire those who lie just to make a sale.

• Ecco's response · Jul 04, 2021

We are very sorry if an exchange was not able to be processed for you. We are able to offer an exchange if the item in available in our distribution center at the time of the exchanging process. If the shoes are not, we have to issue a refund. If you were mislead in any way, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. We will be sure to address this issue to prevent any issues going forward.

ECCOgolf shoe

I have already shipped in one pair of same golf shoes purchased last august, about 3-4 weeks ago. guess under review.

second pair of same, purchased feb 2021 now tearing at same seam as original. dare not send in this additional pair too, for fear of multi issue confusion and being without shoes. using them as no longer waterproof. really disappointed for $200 shoes to do this so quickly. seems i may have to do something additional

golf shoe
                                    golf shoe

• Ecco's response · Jun 25, 2021

Hi Randy,
                                        I am sorry to hear you experienced some issues with your shoes. It appears we are already communicating via email. I hope we find a resolution for you soon, thank you for emailing us.
                                        Kind Regards,