Ecco Shoescracks in soles

E

I bought a pair of Ecco men's shoes in October, 2009. After wearing them for less than six weeks the soles of both shoes began to crack. These were deep cracks. I wrote an email to Ecco Shoes Customer Service and they sent me a mailing bag to send the shoes to them for inspection. After several weeks passed and no response, I contacted them again. They said they never received the shoes. They said there was no recourse for me. I did everything they told me to do. I am out my leaking, cracked soled shoes and they claim absolutely no responsibility.

I will never purchase another pair of their shoes and I warn others who are considering ECCO Shoes that the quality of the product and their cavalier approach to customer service is lacking.

[protected]@aol.com

RESOLVED

• Ecco's response · Sep 03, 2018

We apologize that you are having a problem with your ECCO shoes. You can submit a Warranty Claim and we will take a look at them. To submit a Warranty Claim, simply visit eccousa.com. On the bottom navigation, under POLICIES, select Warranty. The Warranty Claim process will be explained in detail. You will be prompted for all the needed information. It does state it is a one year limited warranty, but for sole issues the warranty goes beyond the one year.

A Claim Number will be generated and displayed. Be sure to retain this number to track your Warranty Claim. Once complete, you can print your Prepaid Return Label or E-mail it to yourself to print later. Then, simply package up your shoes, apply this label and drop off at any US Post Office. You will receive an e-mail when your shoes arrive at ECCO. If you have any further questions, please call ECCO Customer Service at [protected].
    ECCO USA CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Di
    Disgustedcustomer66 Jun 20, 2019

I spent €160 on a pair of boots which caused blistering on the back of my heel due to bad stitching and months later cracked very deeply right across both soles and I was told that Ecco shoes are disposable after 18 months. It says nothing about that on their sales literature. I brought them to a cobbler and he said all Ecco shoes are unrepairable and to throw them away. I would never have bought a pair of shoes for that kind of money if I knew they were that flimsy and badly made. I'll never buy Ecco again. Another con!

• To
    totallyfedup01 Sep 24, 2020

@Disgustedcustomer66 Today I returned a second pair of boots to the Leeds store (which is closing, surprise, surprise...not). Same old rubbish...this never happens to a pair of our shoes. Only it does FREQUENTLY. Bought a pair of Arquettes £95. Worn over winter - 3 months - put in closet - when I returned to them the soles were cracked heavily, horizontally across the flex point. Returned after much negotiation, and the stores refusal to give me a full refund (my statutory rights) and photos being sent to the head office, was given a pair of Gortex-lined Babetts. Fast forward 12 months, and another 2-3 months winter wear, and we have exactly the same problem.
    Once more, offered a pair of boots (anything to c.£150), but a flat refusal to give me a refund, no one giving a fig about consumer law. I would never waste my money on a pair of Eccos ever again. Useless product...and well-rehersed patter from the staff (u always know when someone is lying through their back teeth as the blink rate goes down and no meaningful engagement with the customer). Needless to say, I refused the offer of a brand new pair of their shoes, instead taking their 'company policy' standard £40 refund. I would rather take a hit, than go through the same nonsense next autumn, and sodden feet! Went and bought myself an olive pair of Doc Martens instead. These will definitely last!
    Store manager spineless, and directed negotiations from home, as his day off, but wouldn't speak to a customer who was also on her day off and had travelled in from Bradford. Superviser flounced off. Dreadful, dreadful staff in Leeds. No scruples whatsoever.
    Do not buy!

Maria Stnbck Sep 02, 2018

The soles of my ecco shoes fell apart just after few days!!!

• Di
    disposable shoes May 21, 2015

I bought a pair of Ecco ladies casual boots, 110 euro. I really liked the boots and I have a hard time finding shoes to fit, so I really minded my boots. The tops look like new. After 18 months the soles (about a 1/2 inch of grey rubber or plastic or something) have cracked deeply under the ball of my foot.
    I contacted the shop and the guy at the shop said that no, that's normal, after 18 months you can expect your shoes to fall apart, there's nothing they can do about it. I wish they had told me that when I bought my expensive shoes... So don't buy Ecco unless you are interested in disposable shoes that you can only wear one season! I won't be buying any more.

• Go
    Got Shanghaied Jan 24, 2015

I ordered a pair of Ecco Darren shoes from eccouksale.co.uk, but I received an Ecco fantasymodel from some address in Shanghai, China. The shoes were obvious fake. Don't order from eccouksale.co.uk!!

• St
    Stache1 Oct 15, 2011

The sole on one of my ECCO shoes after two years has a big hole ripped out of it suddenly. My shoe repair place said it is a design flaw. I cannot get an email response from ECCO. I sent a picture of the sole. What a horrible company to deal with.

manscourt Dec 05, 2008

we want to buy shoes from your company we are untrested to do contract business with you so pls get back to us as soon you can.

Mark Nov 30, 2008

Although hardly used, soles on my ecco shoes just disintegrated.
    It happened to lots of other people too.
    Just google:
    Ecco soles "fall apart"

Contacted the company ... they refused to do anything