Ecco / soles deteriorate

1 Granbury, TX, United States Review updated:

I have a number of pairs of Ecco sandals and boots. The soles have deteriorated after little wear on 3 pairs. The material literally becomes gooey and falls off in chunks, or as in the latest case, the black rubber has cracked and is falling off the sole of the sandal. Ecco is pitiful as far as customer service is concerned. I sent one pair of boots to them where the soles completely fell off in chunks. They told me the shoes were no longer under warranty and that was it. Such sorry service! I'll not purchase another pair.

Li

Comments

• Pa
      26th of Jul, 2009

Bad experience (add words) :
    Mr K Moore, I agree with you too. I bought a pair of this Ecco in HK to my dad celebrate his birthday, the reason I bought because he loves the pair (ECCO) he is wearing now (MADE IN JAPAN) that he bought many years ago in HK, after we back home open the box happily, we by accident pull out the shoe pad found out a word 'MADE IN CHINA' printed inside the shoes on the shoe pad which is not very very obvious be seen if you simply just look into the shoes, we questioned WHY NOT printed 'made in China' on the sole of the shoes but NO WORDS show on the sole????
    We don't mean products made in China is bad, but since the price is expensive, HKD1300 (even after discount, it is HKD1040), the sales of Ecco said the shoes is made in Europe, we questioned why the shoes is not made in Denmark or Europe but CHINA !! The shoes made in China, it really doesn't worth HKD1040 for a shoes since we know very well about China. Why sales of Ecco cheating us??? WHY ???? Also the sales said the shoes have air-max, I think the sales also cheating us too !!!
    Ecco claims itself a Denmark shoe making company, it is cheating he customers by printing MADE in CHINA inside the dark side of the shoe, we are very disappointed, I also think my dad will experience the same as Mr K Moore soon.
    Ecco, you will lose four more customers forever (include other family people) !!!

• Pa