Easycar Rentals / poor service

1 England, Yorkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Keep well away from this bunch of incompetent cowboys! I rented a car from them for Malaga, Spain. My wife only has a licence to drive an automatic car so we orderd an automatic. Upon arrival in Spain, there was no automatic car available and we we offered a manual, smaller car. I explained that was was not suitable, nor had we contracted for it, and that I wanted a refund. The company, Crown, said that we would have to claim from Easycar once back in the UK. We had to hire another car, at significant expense, from another company.

On return to the UK, as was my right, I claimed for all consequential losses, including calls to the £1.50 per minute rather ambitiously labelled 'customer services'. To cut a long story short, it took 6 months and the issuing of legal proceedings in the County Court to get my money back.

Absolute cowboys. Do not touch them with the proverbial barge pole. I hope they go out of business.

Comments

• Rs
      2nd of Dec, 2009

We rented a Thrifty car to pick up in Sydney through Easycar on October 25, 2009. Thrifty had no knowledge of this paid in full reservation. Now we have received a duplicate billing from Thrifty (less the so-called Easycar discount). We wasted a couple hours of our vacation with the hassle & now we have round two of the grief this has caused. Never rent from Easycar!!!