Easy Saver Rewards / Pro Flowers / Unauthorized charge to my credit card

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-355-1837

After purchasing flowers through ProFlowers.com, a third party company, easysaverrewards.com, had an ad for $15 off next purchase through ProFlowers. Thinking it was just a simple coupon, I clicked on it, and it automatically sets you up with a membership through easysaversrewards.com without your consent. They billed me $1.95 that showed up on my bank account. Good thing a toll free number also showed up on my account so I called it to find out what is going on. I got a Customer Service Rep at Easysaverrewards and she said that the $1.95 was for a 30 day trial and after that will be billed $19.95, a monthly fee that I agreed on. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Yes, I clicked on the ad but I DEFINITELY DID NOT authorize the membership. In spite of all that, the Customer Service Rep was very nice and didn't give me any trouble, she canceled my membership so that I won't be charged the $19.95 fee every month. Good thing I often check my bank account or else I wouldn't have notice the charge of $1.95 on my account. And on top of that that a membership fee would have been charged as well.

Please be very careful and aware of these kind of ads when making a purchase online. As a consumer, I believe it's also a SCAM!

Comments

Mj
  4th of Nov, 2008

It is misleading when they show you a coupon and want you to click on it, but the point is that you need to read the fine print before accepting any offer online, or in print.

Vf
  9th of May, 2009
Easy Saver Rewards / Pro Flowers - SCAM
Easy Saver Rewards/Pro Flowers
New York
proflowers.com

Big scam!, buy flowers was fine but at the end it says you qualify for a $15 credit on order or a shipping rebate. Bullcrap! After order complete it says confirm your free shipping or rebate and then the fun began, . Next thing you know you click where it tells you and then bam you have just signed up for a huge EASY SAVER REWARDS scam. They automatically charge you a dollar to paypal or credit card what ever you are using and then a $ 14.95 charge monthly. Don't click and stay away. I will tell you that the next day I got a call from paypal to let me know there was unauthorized transactions on my account and long and behold EASY SAVER REWARDS tried to withdraw two seperate transactions, 1. for $300.00 and 1 for $100.00. Stay away and best advice stay away from proflowers and go elsewhere.