Easy Saver / Any solutions? Unauthorized charges by Easy Saver

I ordered Flowers through Pro Flowers.com and was offered a rebate if I tried this rewards program. Must be I missed the fine print because all of a sudden, a charge for $1.95 showed up on my bank account for EASY SAVER. I called the number given and cancelled right away and the rep assured me that no further charges would be made, but from the sounds of most complaints about this company, it may be that they will keep charging me. So, I'm going to cancel my credit card and get another one through my bank if they make another unauthorized charge.

My issue is, are there any other options? What power do I have against this company besides disrupting my own life to assure there are not further charges to my account.

Oh, and the website they give for canceling your membership is totally bogus! http://cancel.myeasysaver.com

Df

Comments

• Ro
      19th of May, 2008

Feb 6, 2008 I ordered Valentine Flowers from PROFLOWERS.COM
    I paid $39.99 for the flowers & candy
    $3.40 Tax
    $9.99 Delivery
    $9.99 Guaranteed Feb 14 Delivery
    $63.37 TOTAL
    I was offered free delivery if I joined the “Insider Club” and I would be billed $5.99 per month.
    I rejected the offer and paid the full $63.37. I was billed to my Capital One credit card on Feb 14, 2008
    I have received a Charge from Easy Saver on My Capital One credit card.
    Easy Saver is affiliated with the other three firms (Cherry Moon, Secret Spoon and ProFlowers)
    I was billed $1.95 on Feb. 7; $14.95 on Mar.7; $14.95 on Apr. 4; and $14.95 on May. 3
    I never had any business with “EASY SAVER” .I never gave “EASY SAVER” my credit card number.
    I assume they got it from ProFlowers which is the only of these firms with which I did any business.
    This is totally fraudulent and the $46.80 which they charged was totally illegal

23rd of May, 2008

I too just received a letter thanking me for my membership... I tried their website which they insist you try first and got no where... I called and spoke with "Joe" - he tells me that somehow I signed up when I ordered something from Blair - told him if it were clear that I was going to be charged $14.95/month I never would have signed up... he told me that he would cancel so there would be no "further" charges... when asked about present charges, he said my card had already been billed... I told him I would be in touch with my credit card co and would protest the charge and would report them... he very quickly told me he would have a credit issued... jeeze these people are crooks...

• Ca
      9th of Jun, 2008

I received two $1.00 charges on my credit card statement, luckily I called the credit card company and they called the easy saver and american leisure people who charged my account and had any future charges cancelled. Also, when I called the easy saver people, they wanted me to give them my credit card number (which of course I did not do), I told them if they could charge my credit card, they must already have it. Then I immediately called my credit card company. I have no idea where these charges originated. Today I received some membership info from Hertz with an enrollment date of 04/30/08 w/a membership fee of $16.95 with a scheduled billing date of 06/05/08. I tried to cancel with easy saver and was directed to all kinds of sites, none of them to cancel. Beware, these people are crooks!!!

• Gr
      11th of Jun, 2008

you people have so balls its a good thing your not in front of me between you and leisure taking my money from my account will stop, now today, i have already reported you so bye ### holes

• Ru
      12th of Jun, 2008

I was billed by ezsaver and americanliesure . This is the 1st mo. I noticed the charges (my bad) and tried to use the web site provided for each. Ha Ha... No such animals. Then I read the comments of another person in this web site and called 1-800-447-9977 and was able to cancel both!!!
    Good Luck folks...

• Vi
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I called my bank and they were able to give me the following toll free number 877-844-9554. The automated voice does mention the cancel. myeasysaver.com website (which I also discovered was a bust). However, if you don't hang up right then, there's an option to cancel your membership by pressing "1." You then enter your 10-digit phone number (NOT credit card number) and are given a cancellation number.

I'll check next month to make sure I'm not charged again. If that fails, my bank offered to cancel my debit card (the charges were to my debit card--not a credit card) and issue me a new one. I imagine your credit card company should be able to do the same.

• Rc
      24th of Jul, 2008

For several months now I am being charged almost $20 by EZ Saver for some service I do not recall ever requesting. I would be grateful if someone would tell me what service I signed up for and when. I may have forgotten. Otherwise I consider the charges fraudulent. So, please explain the charges to my account.

• Je
      25th of Jul, 2008

I don't think I ever requested this service. every month I am being charged $19.80. I wanna know what the hell that is and I also want my god damn money back.

• As
      13th of Aug, 2008

hate pro-flowers now! ez saver is horrible!

• Dm
      17th of Sep, 2008

please cancel me.

• Dm
      17th of Sep, 2008

please cancel me

• Ba
      23rd of Sep, 2008

To cancel membership call 1-800-355-1837. I canceled mine.

3rd of Oct, 2008

No complaint, changed plans due to reinstatsment at job...

varfirmation #118252

billed on credit card

billed to credit card473a5

billed to credit card

• Li
      3rd of Oct, 2008

Website to cancel easysaver is
    cancels.myeasysaver.com

• Da
      6th of Oct, 2008

FALSE FALSE FALSE CANCEL MY EASY SAVER NOW 10/06/2008 why waste time3 and postage? Because when you try to use them they arevoid but the company still continues to collect money from the so-called customers taking advantage especially of seniors and low income people.

• Da
      6th of Oct, 2008

this stinks . I think it should be totally banned in the state of missouri plus the whole usa