Easy Care / Claims not paid

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Think long and hard about wasting tour money on this. Simply put the warranty programs are expensive and cover very liuttle when it comes right down to it. If that is not bad enough the ironically named "customer service " representatives are useless. I took out a policy on my car and have had five issues arise during the course of the policy. Easy care has covered only 1.5 of the 5 repairs. When I call to talk to someone the customer service personnel refuse to allow me to talk to the underwriters as that is against company policy. Yes, you the customer - cannot speak to anyone but the people who answer phones. This would be OK if these folks had any idea what they were talking about. However time after time I have to explain what is wrong with the car and they just don't understand. For example on one occassion I needed a new window motor for the car. The dealer contacted Easy Care but was told it would not be covered because that is normal wear. So I called Easy Care to pursue the matter. I explained the siutaion to the rep on the phone who then had to put me on hold (for 11 minutes) to speak to an adjuster. She came back to me and explained it was not covered at this was a matter of "normal wear". I then asked to aspeak to someone else and she refused. I gave her more details and she spoke again with an underwriter. She then came back and explained to me, "There are many parts of the motor and transmission that can just wear out." Yes believe it or not she thought I was talking about the main car engine and not a window motor in the door! In the end I called back the next day and spoke with someone else who just read off the notes on file from the previous day. I had a problem with a trunk opener/closer and that was also considered to be "normal wear". I am of the impression that the staff are trained to just repeat the words "normal wear" to anyone who calls. They might as well have parrots answering the calls.

Also be advised that whilst you have to pay on day one of your poilcy and the clock starts ticking right then if you want a refund they insist you go to the dealer where you bought the policy and start the refund process. They quote a minimum of 30 days to process the refund (once they receive it from the dealer) but the dealer told me it can take as much as 60 days or more to get the actual money back. I know when I took out the polciy Easy Care claims they did not recive it for 26 days after the inception date - but be sure the policy was backdated to the day at the dealer's office.

Comments

• Gk
      28th of Aug, 2012

All,
    Until this post can be removed... Here is what EASY CARE DID!
    After explaining the CONTRACT as a whole and showing me that it STATES CLEARLY that the parts, they do not cover. They offered to help me get my car back on the road. Not only did each person in their chain of command treat me with the utmost respect they did follow everything they had told me they would do.
    It’s not many times a company STANDS behind their customer but they went above and beyond. I did state to them I was a military member and I had served my country proudly in Iraq and Afghanistan. While being a veteran does not really matter, they PROUDLY volunteered to do something completely amazing.
    As a member of the US Armed Forces they were ready to support their troops. I walked into the dealership and my car was COMPLETELY taken care of. EASY CARE ensured all my parts were replaced so I could get back and forth to work. They DID NOT have to do anything as stated in their contract. They did SURPRISE me by really going ABOVE AND BEYOND to help me out.
    As a company that was backed with a written signed contract, they did not have to do anything! I was so amazed and overwhelmed on what they had done it really put me in a state of shock. I was pretty amazed on what they did and would RECOMMEND this company to anyone who was curious about an extended warrantee. I am not sure how they pulled this together or what it took to accomplish this by EASY CARE but this act of kindness should not be over looked.
    I want to express that I was angry because I was not aware of what my contract entitled me. I can tell you that EASY CARE did more for me than they will ever know. I also want to recognize how MILITARY FRIENDLY they are!
    V/R