Duty Free Depot / no products no refund

1 England, Hampshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I ordered 2 Carton of Camel filter on 1oth march 2009 (Order number: 68644 ). While orering the site mentioned that they will send 2 diffeent pack in post as each packet in post can only have 200 cigrattes and blah blah. Later on 26th March 2009 i received a letter from Royal mail with a Customs charge of £ 79.72, which alone was more than the cost of the cigrattes i have ordered.

I tried contacting DutyFree Depot and after innumerous tries was able to contact them and find that if i reject the parcel they will refund my money once the packet is received by them.

Now its 29th April and over a month since it happend and i have have still no refund. I tried calling them but it goes to voice mail and moreover i cant leave voice mail becuase he voicemail box is full. Sent a mail to billing and it bounced back. Now i am having s3erois concerns that the company is a scam and i have been ripped off my money.

In case i do not receive satisfactory response from your end i will be reporting this to the office of fair trade and also open a dispute with my credit card company who insure me against any fraud sales over internet.

I warn you guys of this company and stay away from them. Do not use your debit card as you are not insured for debit card purchases.

Sa

Comments

14th of Jun, 2009

A full refund was issued after the customer threatened with a charge back.
    Merchandise was sent. Tracking no. RY900023476IL.

Saar Levin
    Program Manager

• Gi
      3rd of Jul, 2010

I have ordered 400 Embassy No1 from these shysters and guess what they have been seized. Despite me paying extra tax on their website to comply with duty free laws in UK.

I have now received a very suspect looking letter from the UK border agency. YEAH RIGHT!!!

CON MERCHANTS DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

I paid $182-00 including extra duty tax for 400 Cigs these were not cheap and you still ripped me off.

The order no is 138534 for any company fraudsters who like to reply to this.