Dunkin Donuts / stupid commercial!

Dunkin Donuts has the stupidest new advertisement ever, and therefore I will never buy from their establishment again. They got a bunch of dumb zombies who shop at Wal-Mart everyday to sing this annoying song about how the names of the coffee were surprisingly foreign, and they were all like "Is it French, or is it Italian? Perhaps Fratalian?" Dumb, and certainly unremarkable. What happened to the fat guy with a mustache that used to do the Dunkin Donuts commercial? This just proves that the company has gone downhill.

Va

Comments

• Ke
      14th of Dec, 2006

I cannot disagree more. I miss the days when you could walk into the local coffee store and ask for a medium without looking like you have been in a cave for the last five years. Venti and grande are not in my vocabulary as sizes for a reason. I'm grumpy enough before my first cup of coffee without having to consult a lexicon!

• Al
      22nd of Dec, 2006

Disagree totally. I loved the commercial. Really, any commercial that makes me smile rates high in my book.

Besides, I hate going to Starbucks and asking for their Grande. In fact, I don't. I just say "give me a medium black coffee."

• Ag
      24th of Feb, 2008

EVERYONE understands a starbucks menu now and it hasn't changed much in 10 years. Even if you don't like ordering a "grande" - I certainly don't, so i agree with you guys, Keith and Al - I still know what it means.

But the premise of the commercial is really dated. There's no sense of Wha? anymore when someone says their starbucks drink order. The whole "Double grande skinny mocha no-whip extra sugar latte with one pump of hazelnut" joke is really early-Friends era.

To top it off, Dunkin still calls its drink a "latte." And I get that there's no "regular" equivalent, but word - the Italian for milk - seems really odd and out of place when juxtaposed RIGHT after a riff on how much stupid Americans hate foreign words.

• Da
      16th of Apr, 2009

Ware, Massachusetts - I bought a medium coffee and a muffin and gave the girl at the drive-thru $ 20.00 and I got back $ 3.75 instead of 13.75. I went back the next day and the store manager gave me the run around and said there was nothing he could. He then told me to leave a name and number and the main office would look into it. The manager had a personality of a old used work-boot. No apology or "geez here`s some coupons for your troubles". He said the till was correct yesterday morning when the girl cashed out, basicly calling me a liar and a kook. I will never go to Dunkin Doughnuts again. You think a company that makes billions a year would be more curtious.