Duke Energy / returning customer
I was a customer of Duke energy for 9 years. I always paid my bills on time. In 2014 I rented my house for couple of years. Now I am moving back to my house. When I called Duke energy to get the electric service in my name, they asked for $455 deposit!!! I asked them why they request a deposit, I'm not new to this company and I always paid my bills and my credit is fair but they could not give me any reason!! They just charge the customers high deposit for no reasons.
I am asking the authorities and the state government to follow up with this unfair requirement of Duke energy especially from low income families. I couldn't get the service from them and unfortunately they have no competition in that area that I could get the service from another energy company.
More Duke Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Progress Energy - terrible customer service 
- Duke Energy - reconnection times 
- Progress Energy - high bill and excessive fees 
- Progress Energy - additional deposits 
- Duke Energy - power pole price to move 
- Duke Energy - billing
- Duke Energy - duke energy tracking soil onto street
- Duke Energy - installation of smart meter locked out rinnai water heater
- Duke Energy - new panel for solar
- Duke Energy - overcharging for service