Dubai First / customer service agent

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Please note my experience talking to your customer service agent (Abdul Rahman) was extremely frustrating and racial. Mr. Abdul Rahman made a racial comment to me as a customer that "Keep your Indian talks in India". This was such a shocking comment to hear from an agent, is this what you train your agents? such pathetic service from Dubai First.

To track back my case, 3 weeks ago I had requested to cancel my credit card due to the annual membership charge, initially when given to me was told it would free for life. When realizing this has a membership charge I decided to cancel this, I have a lot of banks offering me credit cards with non-annual membership such as Citibank and NBD bank.

So I decided to cancel my card with Dubai First, when calling the agent Miss Your wish on 22nd January mentioned I don't have to cancel this card, instead they would replace our card with a "Dubai Moments Card" which is free for life. So I agreed and waited for the replacement for more than a week but got no call. So I made a call on the 31st of January to an agent and followed up, and I was told its sent for approval that was the reason it was taking time. This was not of my concern and I mentioned to the agent that I don't have to have this card when I am offered by other banks and I don't have to wait.

Then the agent said they would get someone to call me in 3 days and give me the status of the card. I then waited till 4th Feb, since no one updated or called me, I made another follow-up call when telling my situation the agent mentioned I was going to get a call on Sunday regarding the update. This was very frustrating for me, I still agreed to wait for the call.

Today 6th of Feb, I made another follow-up call to your agent Abdul Rahman, who had a very unpleasant manner of talking and a very degrading tone, this is high evidence of racial tone with Asian customers from him. As I was frustrated with the amount of time I have been waiting for this card, I mentioned to him the whole story all over again, and during my conversation instead of listening to me and understanding my situation he raised his tone and gave a racial comment "Keep your Indian talks in India". This was such a shocking comment to hear from an agent, is this what you train your agents? such pathetic service from Dubai First.

If this is not addressed to him and escalated, I will be mentioning this on twitter on my pathetic experience with your customer service agent, who also gave a racial comment since I'm an Asian. Please note I will be mentioning this to all my friends and colleagues.

I am highly disappointed with your service and how your agents handled this situation in a very unprofessional manner.

Racial comments should not be accepted or encouraged in your establishment or any.

Mohamed Shafni