DSL Extreme / Poor business tactics

Baumann Energy Calc Co.
For two years I DSL Extreme internet service. I had decent service (although more expensive and slower than I would have liked)while I had DSL Extreme, but when I canceled it to upgrade to AT&T with a wireless modem, the obstacles and fees were unexpected and cumbersome. First I was charged extra fees to change service in the middle of the month, even though I gave them notice. Secondly they were going to charge me a $100 fee if I didn't mail back their two year old outdated modem that did not have wireless capability... at my cost. I got the address to send it to, packaged it up and sent it out USPS. I decided at the last minute to mail confirmation receipt because I did not have any confidence I would get credit for the unit I was returning after the frustration I had experienced on the phone with DSL Extreme representatives. Sure enough, I was billed a couple of months later and told unless I had PROOF I had sent the unit out I would be charged. Lucky for me I foresaw the inefficiency, if I hadn't I am sure they would never have acknowledged the receipt and ruined my credit if I did not pay the outrageous fee they charged for obsolete equipment. I was not impressed and would never consider using their service again.

A  1st of Oct, 2009 by
They the worst and should be shut down immediately.

DSL Extreme Logo DSL Extreme