Drive Time / Corrupt Dealership

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I'm writing to say that I absolutely cannot understand why Drive Time Company has not been shut down by our federal government for practicing consumer fraud. Every day I've read complaints from hundreds of consumers and yet and still they are permitted to continue their dishonest and unethical business practices.

Why has the FBI not prosecuted them under RICO Law which is the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt organizations, especially since they are considered to be guilty of predatory lending.

This just further confirms that companies are allowed to sell lemon cars to the customers and there are no repercusions for this selling practice. I have not been able to find any attorney to handle my case, it seems that they are paying everyone off, including the media.

Of course, all dogs do have their day, it is all just a matter of time before their distasteful and relentless tactics catch up with them!

Comments

• Wh
      21st of Apr, 2009

Just as well as these auto sales places are corrupt, so is the government. Just as long as the government makes money on sales tax and income tax(from their employees) they don't really care. It seems like the government protects bad businesses. That is why it is so difficult to get something done about them.

What you can do though, is "EXPOSE THEM." Warn people to stay away from these type of busiensses. Let the buyer beware. Reputation effects businesses more than these businesses seem to realize. They have some false idea that ripping people off will prosper them when in reality it will be the very thing that may put them out of business.

• Pi
      28th of Apr, 2009

To all the ppl Drivetime has affected,

Take a look at these websites:

Carmax has just filed a major lawsuit on Drivetime because of their business practices. This is very likely going to put them out of business! I am an ex employee of 4 yrs and know first hand that they don't have a leg to stand on. This will most likely be the end of the choas. Just thought that would make the day of alot of ppl out there.

~Ex DT Employee
    Atl, Ga

• Mi
      27th of Jun, 2009

I am a Drive time customer who would be happy to see their business closed. I am looking to filing a harrasment suit. A Mr Henry, who works somewhere in orlando has been beligerent, rude and out of order with my family members. My business with them will wrap up in Sept., but i will still pursue this. They lie, harras and they don't even know what they are doing.

• Nd
      22nd of Jul, 2009

The complaint I have is with DriveTime the dealership i purchased the car from.I have only had the car 4 days shy of 90 days when the car broke down on me on the highway in rush hour traffic.I have taken this car to the dealership a total of three times since I purchased the car in March.I had the car towed to a mechanic that unknowingly previously worked for the company (that had nothing good to say about Drivetime)the repairs where made totaling a sum of $704.78 for a part that is under warranty.Due to the fact it was not one of their preferred mechanics "Drivetime" will not reimburse the total amount money paid for the repairs.Drivetime continues to expect payment for the car note but are completely rude about reimbursing the whole sum for repairs.The vehicle is a 2006 Chrysler Sebring.I now am forced to once again take the car back because the check engine light is on once again and the car also fishtails while driving.I've always made my car payment on time when its due but has had nothing but problems with the vehicle as well as the company since I purchased it starting a week after I drove off the lot with.I have 3 young children and I'm afraid this car is going to cause myself and/or my children great danger because it is not reliable.DriveTime was previously a company called UglyDucklin and had I known this I would have never stepped into their establishment.I am asking to be compensated for my inconvenience, out of pocket expense, and the problem to resolved as far as the vehicle is concerned.DriveTime's customer service is not customer friendly the representatives are completely and totally rude.Not customer friendly at all.They sold me a car that is not reliable and has taken my money for a down payment as well as car payments knowing the car is not in good condition.