Drive Time / no balance after payment

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 972-572-5800

I baught a car from Drive Time in March of 2008, as of today I have never received a balance due on the car. I have filed a claim with the BBB in Texas, however the home offce is in Arizona and I was advised to file the claim in the state where the home office is...therefore this is my next step...I was making payments at the DriveTime office in Dallas, all I get is a receipt. Now they are having their customers go to Ace check cashing, Walmart and Etc: to make car payments where they are charging a fee and again all I get is a receipt; I should be seeing the balance due each time I make a payment; or either have a payment book...I make payments of $201.00 bi-weekly; and have not missed a note...and I read the statement about the young lady having to go to a funeral, and when she got back they were to re-po her car for being late after she explain the situation to them; well thats not fair; and I have been a day late did not make it on a Saturday at Church on Sunday's and Monday they are calling first thing before the store even opens, I will complain until I get my balances due and a record of all payment made.

Comments

• Li
      27th of Jul, 2011

I was getting ready to buy a car from them. But these comments have not only detered me but made me think. What are you doing? But I am curious has anyone had any good experiences with Drivetime?

• Jb
      27th of Jul, 2011

they are dangerous to deal with sometimes. they used to be known as ugly duckling if i remember correctly. i remember i was sitting with a salesperson seeing about getting approved for a loan. a guy came in and he had money to pay off the remaining cost of the car. they would not let him pay it off ahead of time. needless to say, i walked right out of there.
    then, i had a friend of mine need a reference. i allowed her to use my name. i used to get harrassed constantly if she missed a payment. this was even after i moved out of state a year or so after her using me as a reference.