DreamTemplate.com / DreamTemplate Refund Scam

1 616 Corporate Way,Suite 2-3194Valley Cottage, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: +1 (877) 877-0614 [USA]

Before becoming a customer, affiliate or even sell banner ad space to DreamTemplate.com, you might want to hear about my recent experience with them.

DreamTemplate Deliberate Refund Scam: I trusted their 30 day unconditional refund policy so I bought a 37 Month with 250, 000 Stock Photo Library on 17 Jan 2008.

3 days later when I asked for a refund I was given awful customer service by Telson, who repeatedly asked for my confirmation and when it was given, just asked me the same questions again. I corresponded with him a total of 6 emails and got nowhere.

No objections were raised against my refund but *no* evidence of a refund was given.

When I contacted the relevant authorities such as bbb.org on 24 April 2008 DreamTemplate changed their position and sent a misleading email: " We will process your refund. You will soon receive it".

As of the time of writing, I have received *no* evidence of a refund which proves I had been deliberately sent a Refund Scam.

Be aware of the following unethical business practices of this company:

1. Misleading Advertisement - Most know it- the "limited time offer" is *fake*. This obvious scam is just the tip of the iceburg.

2. False FAQ - Not all policies are observed - I would like to share my awful experience - DreamTemplate Refund Scam

3.Misleading Customer Service. As I wrote earlier - Telson sent me completely misleading if not outright deceptive Refund emails.

I have already contacted bbb.org, ftc.gov and ic3.gov to alert them of DreamTemplate's Internet Fraud.

Don't get me wrong, if you can overlook their unethical business practices, DreamTemplate may be a dream resource for you. Just be aware you should use a credit card and should the necessity to refund arise, forget about wasting your time "mediating" with Telson and seek help from your bank instead.

Li

Comments

• Li
      30th of Apr, 2008

I would like to add that should you have paid with your credit card through paypal, you have some protection against DreamTemplate if they do not respond to your emails or give you misleading advice.

I just spoke to a Paypal representative regarding my refund.

Within 45 of your original payment, you can contact Paypal to contact the merchant on your behalf.

If the merchant does not answer within 20 days, Paypal can "escalate" your dispute into a refund claim.

You can make your complaint in Paypal's "Resolution Center".

• Rb
      10th of May, 2008

I am having a similar experience. The tip-off was when I simultaneously received confirmation of the paypal transaction and a note from Dream Template which states:

** Please ignore this email if you have already paid for your membership. **

Thank you for your recent signup at DreamTemplate.

If you have not already paid or your payment was unsuccessful, please click on the links below to pay for your subscription. Once we receive payment, you will be taken to our processing page to have your account activated immediately.

- To pay with 2checkout click here
    (Accepts Mastercard, Visa, Amex, Check, Diners, JCB, Discover Debit Card)

- To pay with Paypal click here

*****************************************************************************
    This is clearly an intentional scam and not just simply incompetence, in my opinion.

• Ht
      25th of Feb, 2009

I would also file a complaint with the ACCC, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. Here is where you can file a complaint with them: http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/54217#h2_38

Also, you can file a complaint with the Queensland Office of Fair Trading:

If this company is practicing out of Queensland, you will have to work with the government there to really fight them. If enough people complain, they can shut down the business (or at least pressure thm to refund your money).

There are hefty fines for companies that don't hold up to their end of the bargain.

• Ha
      25th of Mar, 2009

This is why I am glad I search for reviews before pulling the trigger. My "This is too good to be true." alarms will ringing loudly. Thank you for posting your experience. YOu have helped save me from the same problem. BTW what prompted you to ask for a refund?

• Ti
      8th of Jul, 2009

DreamTemplate had some really nice templates but the yearly cost was quite high. I recommend you only sign up with a company on a monthly basis to protect yourself, and that is something DreamTemplate doesn't offer. I found TemplateDrop.com for $9.95 a month and used coupon code TDROP1. I saved an additional 25% with the coupon. Webhosting was included as well, unlike DreamTemplate.

• Ti
      8th of Jul, 2009

Sorry double post.

• Bb
      24th of Aug, 2009

Dreamtemplate is not a good service as it claims. I can't believe people paying hundreds of dollars for such terribly coded templates. There are better web design companies offering great design layouts for about the same price. Dreamtemplate is seemingly nothing more than thousands of crappy useless templates available to download in a subscription package

• Dr
      2nd of Oct, 2010

I just tried to get my "unconditional" refund only to be given the run around- avoid these guys!