Domex UK / Tried to make me pay to replace unnecessary parts

1 England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I had a problem with my Deawoo Fridge Freezer. The Freezer worked but the Fridge did not.

Domex’s engineer’s diagnosis was to replace an unnecessary part which would take at least 4 weeks to arrive.

I know the part was unnecessary because I had already examined the freezer myself.

The part they wanted to replace was a block of expanded polystyrene which had frosted up, but was otherwise in perfect condition. When I defrosted this block, the fridge worked for a few days until the block frosted up again.

I spoke to their head office, who refused to accept this, and insisted the block was the problem and needed replacing, rather than trying to diagnose what was causing it to frost up in the first place.

Their approach to fault finding seems to be to randomly replace until they chance upon the one which is actually faulty – all at your expense.

Li

Comments

• Ds
      5th of Mar, 2010

Had a similarly unfortunate experience - seems to be a company policy of trying to fleece customers with call-out fees and fitting cheap unreliable parts rather than long term resolution.