Dollar Tree Store #20 / unethical behavior/double charges on bank account

Clarke Crossings
Store #20
3565 Atlanta Highway
Athens, GA [protected]

My card came up as decline and the cashier suggested I may have put in the wrong pin number so I tried it again. It worked the second time and my total was three dollars and twenty one cents. I went to my car and checked my bank account on my mobile app. It stated I was charged twice but they still said "Pending" so I understand one of the charges may not charge, however, If I typed in my wrong PIN the first time, the charge should have never showed up on my account. Anyhow, I walked back into the store and the person blowing up balloons said she stated she was the manager. I told her what happened and she promised me the next day, the charge would be removed automatically. That is all I needed to know. She then asked me and warned, "I am not trying to attack you in any way or offend you but how often do you stand in line with your bank account open at the cash register line? I used to work at a gas station and people would always do this and then request their money back." Never once in my conversation with her did I ask for a refund, I asked if the charge would be removed and her reassurance was all I needed, not her absurd accusations and assumptions. Also, I did not stand in line with my bank account open, I went to my car and came back in to the store. Also, how would I intentionally decline my own card? If I had put in the wrong PIN number the duplicate charge should not have appeared in my account at all. I got very angry because not only did she have an attitude from the start, she asked me that in front of other customers at the front of the store by the registers and embarrassed. I asked to speak to a manager and she claimed she was the manager. How can you have a store run by a woman who is rude to a customer? I told her I did not appreciate her comments and she apologized. She stated that if the charge was not gone by the next day, to come back and she would take care of it. That is all she needed to say from the beginning. Not accuse me of trying to steal three dollars and twenty one cents from Dollar Tree. I was extremely dissatisfied with my visit, it was my first time going to that location and I will not return nor will I recommend it to friends and family. The customer service was awful and the experience made me feel awful.

Pr
Oct 21, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Oct 22, 2017

It sounds like she apologized for having offended you. What other resolution were you looking for?