Dollar General / unethical behavior/first day of work

1 OHIO STClinton, MO, United States

I went in for my first day to start training as a PT/min wage cashier. The store is run by their AM, due to a brand new manager not yet starting. Before I even sit down, I notified the AM getting me registered of my recent schedule change. I am on my final semester of school and I almost wasn't able to go this semester. After getting hired, I pulled some strings to start a little later this month. Obviously, I want my degree first and foremost. Not thinking my part time school schedule would get in the way of a part time job, this woman becomes visibly angry at my 3 hours a week she would have to work around. She said "I need people who are available! This just changed everything, now I'm back to square one!" I'm unavailable 3 hours out of the entire week. I tried to explain my hours to her to which she interrupted me several times. I tried to be understanding with her overwhelming situation but to no avail. I was interrupted again. I tried to talk to her because my situation is unique I needed to know what to expect but she wasn't giving me anything but basically telling me to be quiet and finish the training. I expect a little more stability, respect, understanding, and encouragement on my academic/personal growth in a workplace. I felt so attacked that I felt I couldn't explain to my new employer why I needed to be a little more sure of my position, or to even figure out a possible solution. I tried to contact the district manager several times after I left without a warning. Finally, the DM returns my call and is rude to me saying she was already told of what happened and that she can't do anything about it now. I lost a job today because I walked out after I was guilt-tripped and attacked by this woman. I'm very sad they couldn't accommodate the situation and that I am actually back at "square one".

Re