Doctors Network / phone call harrassment

1-5 IL, United States Review updated:

I have been receiving calls from "Doctors Network" every day for several weeks. The number that shows on the caller id is [protected]. When I pick up the call, there is no one there. When I try to return the call, I hear a beep and then I'm disconnected. It's driving me crazy! How do I get these calls to stop? Thank you.

Cz

Comments

• Sc
      3rd of Feb, 2011

Same experience here. Very annoying! I didn't see that anyone had any answers or advice on this, though. Has anyone found the solution?

• Ca
      23rd of Feb, 2011

just happened to me. Sick of it!!!

• Fu
      23rd of May, 2012

I've blocked their number. It kept calls away for two or three days, then it started back up from a different number. I'm sure if I block that number it will start coming from yet a different number. It's really pissing me off. I work until the wee hours of the morning and they start calling at 8am when I'm tying to sleep. They never leave a message and there's no website to check them out. That's hardly a legit business in this day and age.

• Ca
      24th of Aug, 2012

I have had several different phone numbers of theirs pop up on my caller id. It's really starting to piss me off. This last one called from 1-317-559-5648. And from Indianapolis. I'm tired from hearing from these Network idiots. I have had to block them at least 6 times, and yet they call again. I'm so tired of these idiots calling me.

11th of Jun, 2018

@caretakergene Have them put you on the do not call list

• Wi
      13th of May, 2015

They call me, and I blocked them but they will call back with another number, no doubt. I can block 250 calls on my phone, so that is what I will do.Just keep blocking them, they will go away eventually. Put your phone on silent mode so you can sleep in the morning, and don't let these people get to you.

• Gi
      18th of Feb, 2016

I know these posts are a couple years old, but I just got this call from a UT 801 number. 801.742.8922 They tell me it's the Doctors Network and they work with my Insurance company. Then he tells me that there are some new compound medications available that I should try and proceeds to ask questions about my medications, pain, allergies etc. I was very vague on my answers, told him I thought he was scamming me. Kept telling me that the notes would be sent to the physician and they would decide if these new compounds would work for me. I told him that my doctor already knew that info and that if I needed something he would take care of it. He went on to say that these notes wouldn't go to my doctor, but to this network physician to review. After a few more questions to which I answered no, he told me they couldn't help me and hung up. While I am on the phone with him I started searching to see what I could find and came across this board. I knew it was crap when he started talking. Hopefully they won't call me again.

11th of Jun, 2018

@Ginger Davis Forbes They do not work with your insurance they work with members of ppos to let you know about new covered benefits and if they tell you anything different it isn't true and if you don't want them to call ask to be put on the do not call list and they only work from 9 to 6 mon thru friday

• Kl
      16th of Mar, 2016

Ive gotten calls two days in a row Claiming how they work with my insurance company. This last time I baited them and told them that I do insurance processing and have never processed one claim under this name. Not a total lie...I have 20 years medical experience. They said that they are a private company and they work with other insurance companies whose services are paid for from private funds. I.E. that means they take YOUR money and claim to provide additional services for you that your doctor or insurance company may not know about. Excuse me, EVERY time I am in a doctor office for myself or for someone else, there are pharmaceutical or insurance reps waiting to speak with one of the doctors or practice managers. I am sure I will get 3-4 more calls from these people and feed them another line, like the Court system ruled me incompetent to make decision on my own behalf because I am a ward or the state or somebody else's dependent. That usually makes these type of calls go away.
    Don't by into it! these are SCAM calls.

24th of Apr, 2016

This "Doctors Network" has been harassing my mother for weeks now saying they are with her insurance company and need to ask her some medical questions and inform her of important changes coming up soon to her existing policy. She is a smart cookie as she immediately informs them that her insurance has all the info they need and they say well its info we are passing on to our Doctors Network so they can assist with treatment. My mom says her doctor doesn't need help as hes been treating her for years, the man then tells her "again miss we work with your insurance company" to which she replies "oh and which one and I with again?" The man goes through his initial introduction again apparently starting from scratch hoping my mom wont notice he dodged the question put to him. My mom asked who was her insurance carrier, what kind of policy she had, who her current PCP was, and asked the man to confirm her personal info to make sure he was speaking to the right person, none of which the man would/could answer. When my mom refused to give them her personal info to "confirm accuracy to their secure doctors network" he simply gave up and said "sorry we couldn't help you today". I tried looking them up online to confirm if they are a legit company or if in fact they are contracted with Anthem Blue Cross and nothing confirms they are and all I really found was a Facebook account indeed called the "Doctors Network" with over 22, 000 followers but the odd thing is almost no comments on any of their posts and there are tons of DIY at home treatments and diet tips for healthy living but not really much actual medical advice. Of all the comments people posted almost id say 90% were of east indian ethnicity and the very few remaining were american but those posts were questions on the posts info all of which are never answered. Stay away people and protect yourselves always confirm with your provider of service before taking someone's word that they are somehow connected to your providers of service. They ask you a question ask them 3 back and make them fear you!

• Mi
      5th of May, 2016

5/5/16 same thing. I started to give info and answer questions until he asked for my insurance ID. Told him to mail me info. He had my address.

20th of Feb, 2017

I was contacted several times after I filled out a form to obtain free samples. They are calling themselves Physicians Network in Southern California. I refused to give any personal info. I said I had to my insurance to verify what they were saying.

• Sc
      24th of Mar, 2017

Just received call from Doctors Network today. Said they were with my insurance company. Started to tell me about a telemedicine service being offered to me that could be used to obtain pain medications. I work for a digital health company, so I started to probe given I assumed it was a scam. Asked again who they were and who they represent. They said Kaiser. Told them I did not have a Kaiser policy. Asked me if I had one of another 3-4 he mentioned. Said no. He said that didn't matter and asked if I was interested in dealing with my aches and pains without having to go into a clinic. Told them I was totally against the oversubscription of pain meds and certainly would not support an organization that made it so easy to obtain with just a telemed call. He said it was pain ointments, not drugs. I asked if they were FDA approved medications for pain and he hung up on me. Unless you enjoy talking with them for sport, hang up!

• Wa
      5th of May, 2017

They called me from phone numbers 1-951-901-1006 on 05/04/2017 and then they called me from 1-713-893-8306 saying they are Doctor's Network. They said they were with my Insurance Company then in conversation ask what insurance I had. I told them you should have that information. Then she asked about diabetes and arthritis and said they had medication I could take for arthritis and then she asked for my 800 number on my insurance card. I said I am not comfortable with this and hung us. Then today she called from the 713-893-8306 number and said my name and said she was with Doctor's Network. I said I am not interested and hung up. I had already blocked the 951-901-1006. Blocking numbers does not work. So the next step is to ask for their information so I can report the to the FCC. Hopefully that will stop the calls after they get a formal complaint at the FCC.

• Zu
      15th of May, 2017

Will a complaint actually work? My 11-year-old received multiple calls from 951-901-1006 (Riverside, CA) while she was at school. When she got home she saw the missed calls, and just so happened that they called again. I told her to answer it; they started the pitch for Physicians Network calling her "Eileen" (not my daughter's name). My daughter told her that is NOT my name; undeterred the lady attempted to continue with "we need to inform you of changes in your medical coverage". My daughter says, "How could you? You called the wrong number, and I'm only 11." The woman says to her, "You are a miserable human being." And hung up on my daughter. If anyone can tell me who these people actually are; I would LOVE to know; I for OBVIOUS reason have an issue with whoever this is.

• Mc
      15th of May, 2017

*** URGENT *** IMPORTANT UPDATE ***

Some folks like to tie these people up on the line so they can't call others. You can see youtube videos where they make a big joke of it and frankly some are hilarious. But these scam artists have turned it in their favor. They are now recording the calls. They will ask you a simple question like, "can you hear me?" If they can get you to say the word YES, they are altering the recording to ask you if they have your permission to do various things, like charge your account, add you to their call list, or what ever function they wish to use. They then cut in the recording of your YES and use that to indicate you gave permission. The best way to deal with these people is to just hang up and block the number. If they call again from a different number and you are limited to the number of blocked numbers you can have, erase the older numbers because they are no longer in use! For more information on this scam you can see the Norfolk, VA Police warning at http://q13fox.com/2017/01/26/can-you-hear-me-scam-has-police-warning-people-to-hang-up-immediately/

11th of Jun, 2018

@MCA sr They do not work with your insurance they work with members of ppos to let you know about new covered benefits and if they tell you anything different it isn't true and if you don't want them to call ask to be put on the do not call list and they only work from 9 to 6 mon thru friday and this BS your saying right here about the Dr's. Network is just not true it is not a scam

• Rh
      2nd of Nov, 2017

I’ve had many phone calls from these people “DOCTORS NETWORK”. This time the woman acted like I was out of touch and told me this is a new way of getting prescriptions through electronics. That I would be able to text my Doctor what medicine I want. These people must think I’m pretty stupid. I too told them my doctor would take care of me. The disturbing thing is she began to read off my address. I hung up!

• Pi
      30th of May, 2018

OMG these people from the “doctors network” are really pissing me off... I’ve blocked every number they’ve called from... I answered the latest one... I told the woman to remove me from their list... she said “apparently you don’t understand...” I interrupted her and said youved called me 14 times in the last 24 hours” she said “you’re a damn liar, this is the first time we have called you because this is a newly generated number” 👀
    I told her “if I get another call from the doctors network from ANY number, I’m going to sue for harassment” she said “whatever, you can’t”
    I said “try me” and she hung up. So I guess we will see what happens now.

• Ki
      1st of Jun, 2018

@PissedOffTexan Tell them u dont have health insurance they will stop

• Ki
      1st of Jun, 2018

Tell them you have no insurance ur on medicaid or you get your insurance through the governement they will stop. My mom me and my dad have these three things and once we told them that they stopped.

• Do
      9th of Jul, 2018

I have gotten over 100 calls from " The Drs Network" over the past 2-3 months. Most calls come from NY or Florida, and blocking is useless...they keep generating new numbers. Weird thing though, it's all about sending me braces for my legs, back, neck, wrists, ...since the first call (which I fell for, as they had my dr's name and other medical info). I allowed them to send a few braces (ankle and shoulder) which were actually delivered in a gigantic oversized box. Since that time the calls came rolling in non stop. Now they're telling me they are calling from Medicare and when I told them i figured out they're a scam and to stop calling, they agreed to and hung up. We'll see...

18th of Jul, 2018

My mom gave them her information. What should I do about it!?!?

18th of Jul, 2018

My mom gave them her information! What should I do about it? She said they seemed legit!