Dish TV India / Non transmission of free channels which are mandatory as per the norms of government of India!

1 India Review updated:

I would like to bring to the kind notice of the board that I have purchased dish t.v. about one and half years back by paying 4200/ rupees and opted for telugu channel package. After one year, I opted for monthly payment of subscription and had paid the same for 3 months. During 3rd month the telecast was stopped without any default from my side. I immediately contacted the dishtv, they informed that their records were not updated and would restore the same within 24 hours. The same was restored after 24 hours. The subscription rates were enhanced and I was never informed of the same. So far, I have not received even a single communication from dishtv either for my bill payment or for any other matter. I got vexed and contacted dishtv and asked them to telecast only free channels, which are mandatory as per the norms of government of India. The free channels were aired for some time and stopped. When contacted they said they told that they would not telecast and spoke to me in a rude manner. I told them I would proceed legally for which they asked me to do whatever I wish to do. I sent a legal notice through my advocate on receipt of which they had started telecasting the free channels. And now, all of a sudden again they have telecasting the same. This is very poor service from Dish Tv in India!

Comments

• Vi
      5th of Apr, 2007

My v c no is 015016772266. I purchased a stb in the month of november from patna. After one month my some of the channels has been discontinued. I contacted over phone to customer care. The customer care informed that you have taken welcome offer so u will not be able to view all the channel. After three months my all the channels has been discontinued. I contacted customer care to transmit the free channel the customer care told me that you will have to pay then the free channels has to be provided.

But at the time of purchase i was told that u will able to view the free channels. I will suggest plz never think to bye stb from dish tv its a great cheater for customer. Never never bye a product from dish tv. Because i have seen a same kind of complaint from d narsimha gautam dated 13.03.2007, when he complained same type of treatment was done by dish tv but after serving a legal notice the dish tv started transmission of free channels. I also mentioned to customer care but the dealing person was not even ready to listen me. I also arranging to serve a legal notice by consulting the broad casting authority.

• Ra
      17th of Apr, 2007

I too had the same problem with dishTV as at the time of purchase there was one package named Dish Freedom (Hindi/Punjabi ) in which one has to pay Rs75 /- per month for Zee + Sony + along with other channels including free channels now on query I am told that package have been revised to Rs 100/- but without Zee+Sony and other lucrative channels. Is this not CHEATING?

• Ra
      1st of Jul, 2007

Re: Dish TV India

I fully agree with most of the complaints. I had subscribed to dish tv only with the idea of watching 'god tv' and other relevant christian channels but unfortunately you have stopped telecasting them though they are free to air channels. Why??? I feel you are biased in a democratic country like ours. These channels have been a great help in our daily walk of life. The programs encourages us to be positive in our daily life and make us better citizens of our country. Moreover the prayers offered on these channels for the sick and dying are remarkable. My humble request with folded hands is to restart these channels immediately once again. Thanks in anticipation.

6th of Jan, 2008

My VC No 01500204754, I wanted Q-TV channel on Dish TV
    which the company is not providing me, previously this
    channel was available on dish TV, I have given email but co.
    is not replying. Due to non availabilty of Q-TV Iam not renewed
    my subscription due to which all free to air channels were blocked along with paid channels. This is not fair, govt. has
    announced that free to air channels should invariably made
    available to all subscribers whether they subscribe or not.
    Please forward my complaint to dish TV India.

• Su
      25th of Mar, 2008

The Dish TV India has cheated me by blocking the set top box and thus denying access to FTA channels.This is clearly against TRAI regulation which says:

THE DIRECT TO HOME BROADCASTING SERVICES STANDARDS OF QUALITY OF SERVICE AND REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCES) REGULATIONS, 2007. NO. 8 of 2007

The Regulation no. 8 in Chapter II which says:

8. Prohibition to disable Direct to Home Set Top Boxes.----- In case the
    direct to home subscriber does not owe any dues ( including any arrear
    towards installments of hire purchase scheme or arrears of rent for the Direct
    to Home Customer Premises Equipment of such operator) to a direct to home
    operator, such operator shall not disable the Direct to Home Set Top Box of
    such subscriber who does not intend to continue to opt or avail direct to
    home services offered by such direct to home operator and uses or intends to
    use the Direct to Home Customer Premises Equipment for viewing the direct
    to home services of Doordarshan or any other direct to home operator.

They have used the DD's packages for promotion purposes and now they are cheating customers by blocking the set top box.

• Av
      19th of May, 2008

This is to bring to your kind notice that I have purchased a Dish TV from M/S. Neeru Electronics, 2, Main Market, Malviya Nagar New Delhi -110017 dated the 14th April 08, the invoice number for the same is 13166, book number A-264 and the price was Rs 3, 200/-. The warranty for the Dish Tv was for a period of one year from the date of purchase. The copy of the bill and the warranty card is annexed alongwith my complaint.

The same day late evening, my installation at ¼, Sector – 1, Pusph Vihar, New Delhi –110017 was completed, by the time the technician left it was around 9.30 at night, and they hurriedly left. Later on switching on the television I discovered that I could not receive around 15-20 channels and many channels were not clear.

This problem became more serious as a result of which many channels were not available and those that were available were not clear due to which it was not possible to view them. I made a complaint for this at the Dish TV customer care in the fourth week of April, the reference number for the same is 13032387, and after two days somebody came and left without rectifying my problem.

Again, I lodged another complaint at the customer care, the complaint number for the same is 13086004, on 8th of May. A technician came to my place after two days, but could not rectify the problem again and asked me to write that my LNV is not working in his job card, he assured me he would replace it, he left by saying that he would bring this to the notice of his seniors at the service centre at Malviya Nagar Khirki Extension. He also informed me that my problem will be sorted out only on Monday as that was a Saturday. He left by saying that he requires to change the LNV.

Nothing till today has happened, I have been waiting for the technicians to come and do the needful. When I ran out of patience, I called the dish TV service centre on the following numbers 9212412101/9212412102, on Tuesday dated, the 13th May 2008, but the response that I got was very cold from there, the person misbehaved with me and said that we cant replace your LNV, if we do replace then I have to make another payment of Rs.200/- for the new one. I informed him about the new connection with warranty, but all my efforts went in vain.

Again during the 14th & 15th May I made regular calls, and each time the person would say he would make it done by the same day, but no technician turned up at my place. I have also made a call at Neeru Electronics, at Malviya Nagar, he called up somebody but even his efforts did not help me out. Later no follow up was made from Neeru Electronics.

Another complaint was lodged at the customer care the complaint number is 13113011 but even on this complaint no action whatsoever was taken by Dish TV. Dish TV has made no efforts to address my grievances and has supplied me with a faulty set.

There has been a grave deficiency in the services of Dish Tv to the effect that they have supplied me with a Dish Tv set which is malfunctioning and faulty and is not working properly. Inspite of my repeated requests and complaints, Dish Tv has taken no effort to rectify the problem till date and have instead completely ignored my complaint.

I would request that in view of the above the Dish TV should be either replaced or in the alternate a refund of the price of the Dish Tv set which is Rs. 3, 200/- should be given to me.

I would further like to request you to give me suitable compensation for all the mental, physical torture that I have undergone due to the misbehavior of Dish TV and also provide me the cost of the complaint.

With Warm Regards