Dish Network / facilitated fraudulent account

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

Apparently dish network does not do credit checks for new accounts. My wife's identity was stolen in 2009 and we have been vigilant with putting fraud alerts on our credit reports ever since. We just pulled a new credit report and there is a collections account originated by dish network in july 2010 that went delinquent in september 2010 for $780. There is no dish network credit inquiry listed on the credit report! Otherwise, they would have seen the fraud alert.

Comments

• Al
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network customer service. I apologize that this has happened to you, it is terrible that anyone would have to go through an identity theft. We understand how invasive and traumatic it can be when someone steals your identity; we would like to ensure this is resolved. We have steps in place we can use to assist you to get more information on this process please email me at Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

• Lo
      30th of Jul, 2014

The recent Dish network experience with aggressive sales people is over the top outrageous and makes Comcast look like sheep. I negotiated to restart an old 1999-2004 using a 322 receiver. I have a 500 and a dish pro on my roof. I needed to take down half a tree to get a line of sight and 3 full green signals on my dish point /system info screens. I was told I could not get locals unless I was going to buy a VIP 222k for $250. The cost about $80 in the satellite installers and amazon, fully remanufactured. They told me they would activate it no problem. I paid for Smart pack to get my locals, which I had during a 5 year 1999-2004 and they come in on 110. I have a triplexer. In another property I've have had service for 5 years and own my own equipment. Last month a tech swapped a 322 for a VIP 222. I was told it would not be leased. I agreed for the "even exchange." And, now my account says the equipment is "leased." I spent one hour out of four on the phone with Dish trying to get a resolution. The last call to an "account specialist" took an hour with an aggressive "specialist" looking to strong arm me into a "discount" for a VIP 211. My house is wired for dual tuner. I also have three sling boxes, so I'm heavily invested in Echostar equipment. Also, the whole South Asia areas use a roku, and are not subjected to this aggressive and unacceptable behavior. I negotiated for one thing and there was an attempt to force me into buying more equipment and a sales visit for $100. Absolutely unnecessary and classic unfair and deceptive practices. And "shaking down" loyal customers.

• Mi
      16th of Aug, 2014

Long time Dish customer sales abuse,

I'm sorry you feel that way about the customer support provided as that certainly isn't ever our intention. I'd love to help you if I could please get your account number and PIN in a private message to review your information. Thank you and I look forward to your follow-up!