Dish Networktried to keep me from cancelling service

Dish Network doesn't fulfill their obligations to customers, while attempting to force people to retain their services. I called in a cancellation order when my two-year commitment was up--they sent me to someone who would "verify" my cancellation. Instead that person started to try to get me to not cancel. When I stopped him he hung up on me an immediately disconnected my service even though I had ten days left on my contract (keeping me from getting any channels and costing me money for breaking my commitment early). I called back and ended up spending over TWO HOURS talking to SIX different people at Dish before my service was returned and they now claim I will be disconnected as I originally requested. During that time they tried to claim that I asked for it to be disconnected immediately (that's what the guy had put in my notes) and another employee tried to pressure me to not cancel, telling me he was "required" to do it. What a terrible company. They raised my rates this year without notifying me--the new charges just popped up on my bill. I called and complained, telling them I would cancel when my two years were up. Then they tried to force me to not cancel. Don't subscribe to Dish!

Me

Comments

•   Dec 30, 2010

Hello, this is Mike LeMar with DISH Network customer service. I understand you've had an unpleasant experience with us, which I apologize to hear about. Has your account been canceled and have you been able to get the situation resolved? Let me know and I would be happy to assist you further with this!

• Sh
      Dec 13, 2012

I had Dish Network for a year before I moved into a new place. Once I was settled in I had a tech from Dish Network come to install the Dish in my new place, after several attempts to get my service started I was told by the tech that my apartment wasn't facing the South so I couldn't get a signal, therefor they couldn't provide the service. The tech told me to call dish network to cancel my services cause I couldn't get it, I called thinking it was a no brainer, however to my surprise they gave me a hard time and I was told that I can cancel as lone as i pat the fee for breaking the contract, I was also told by this rude Manager working fro Dish that I should consider moving to an apartment that faces the South. Dish wants to force me to pay for a service that im not getting or pay $250 to get out of the contract. I dont see how this is legal!

•   Dec 19, 2012

Sheil78,

Your post caught my attention as I found it interesting! Would you mind emailing me your account number so I can take a look and see what I can do? My email address is michael.[protected]@dish.com and I appreciate your efforts!