DirtDevil.com / Bad product, worse customer service, over charge

While placing an order with dirtdevil.com the website took all of my information including credit card information but appeared to not fully complete the order. I called customer service to check for the possibility of the order being double charged. She became so frustrated with my request that she burped in the phone and made such a racket that I could barely hear her. She was huffing and sighing to let me know she thought my request unnecessary and told me I should just give her my information and let her place the order because the site "always does this" with credit card information. I placed the order again online and began to receive emails telling me my order was not complete and that dirtdevil.com needed my credit card information. Finally, after six days, with no email confirmation and no shipping confirmation, I received my products. When I contacted dirtdevil.com about the shipping delay their basic response was "oh well". I contacted them again to return the order and this time they fully ignored my request. This was one of the worst and least secure internet transactions I have ever dealt with. Dirtdevil.com does not deserve our business or our hard earned money.

Comments

• Br
      4th of Oct, 2012

The return policy is clearly stated on their website.

Returns

Products purchased directly from Dirt Devil may be returned for credit within 30 days of the date of purchase.

Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing of a return.

Returned products must be sent postage prepaid to the following address:

YRC Reverse Logistics, Inc.
    1536 Hutton Dr., Suite 130
    Carrollton, TX 75006

Credits are issued via the payment method used for original purchase.

Beyond 30 days credits will only be issued when Dirt Devil determines that the return is due to a mistake made on the original order by Dirt Devil.

Beyond 90 days no credits/refunds will be issued, regardless of reason for return.

Products sent in to Dirt Devil will not be returned to sender whether credit is issued or not.

Shipping charges are not credited.

Dirt Devil does not reimburse postage/shipping charges to return product. Products returned "collect" or "COD" will not be accepted.

• Ca
      4th of Oct, 2012

No, it is not clearly stated on their website. It is located under a tab, under another tab, but not clearly stated. I wish dirtdevil.com would have been this quick about solving my issues before I had to spend time giving bad online reviews, but the fact remains dirtdevil.com is not a trustworthy company. They do not care about customer service or customer satisfaction. As far as this response, I do not trust the information given or the way it was presented. How do I know what this address is for? That is exactly why dirtdevil.com needs to address customers on their website and through proper correspondence, not only after they receive bad reviews. For all I know this is another scam. I will be waiting to hear from dirtdevil.com through the proper channels.

• Al
      21st of Jan, 2014

bought model ud20100 6months ago now it keeps shutting off and wont pick up web sites make it difficult to get help. i would never buy another dirt devil. my product should have lasted forever just about i live alone so there is not heavy dirt and not used much. would not recommend to anyone