Direct Buy / contract scam
I had gone to the Direct Buy showroom with my dad, and was given a 45 minute presentation. Since we both have limited incomes, we hesitated on a commitment to pay a monthly fee for the program. We gave 100.00 and told them we'd see what transpires in 90 days, and at that point we'd either commit, or lose $100.00. What I didn't know, was that, while I was in the bathroom, they had my father sign a contract stating that in a month $5oo.oo dollars can be extracted from his credit card to initiate membership. This wasn't told to me, but when I received materials stating that we were now members, I wrote and asked how they were able to start a membership on $100 and then I was notified that they had my dad's signature on file, authorizing payment. My father didn't realize that he'd agreed to this, and now we've got harassing calls from the company who financed this. Not once had we ever used Direct Buy, and would like our money refunded--all but the 100 we paid. We want our money back, and would like the finance company to stop harassing us. It was a horribly opportunistic move on the elderly (my father) and the disabled (myself).
More Direct Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Direct Buy Membership - Poorly run business and a rip off! 
- Direct Buy - Class action lawsuit info 
- DirectBuy - 30-Day Trial Membership 
- Direct Buy - Awful everything 
- DirectBuy - Avoiding to deal with DirectBuy! 
- Direct Buy Auto Warranty - I paid in full for warranty now company out of business due to unethical behaviour.
- Direct Buy Auto Warranty - Direct buy auto warranty 
- DirectBuy - Office furniture
- Direct Buy - Household appliances
- Direct Buy Auto Warranty - Extended Warranty / Vehicle Service Contract