Direct Buy / Fraud and cheating

United States Review updated:

I was trying to become a member of DirectBuy, but they act as they don't need members anymore. They demand things as: "if you're married, you cannot come alone or your husband cannot come alone to "the visit" (even if I don't have babysitter, and one of us need to be in home to take care of the kids!). The lady (I will preserve her name - because I'm more nice than her) asked personal questions that made me feel embarrassed. I'm very disappointed with DirectBuy, and I'll be glad to pay more if I have a better service!
Va

Comments

Va
  9th of Oct, 2008
I also think Direct buy is a SCAM!... my bf and I got sucked into there "script" of a presentation, they told us we would save big bucks on all of our hardwood, tile and granite amongst other things... well after paying our $5000 membership fee we realized that there was no saving on any of our hardwood and tile... we ended up buying it retail... and as for the granite, it was actually cheaper to get it at the same manufacture as direct buy!... We furnished 4 of our rooms with plasmas and it was A LOT cheaper to buy the t.v's @ best buy!... The pricing on all leather couches were ridiculous at Direct buy the only things i can honestly say were cheaper were the mattress sets and a hutch for our dining room(and might i add very very little selection)... very very sour... i wish these was a way to get out of this financed membership fee!!
Co
  23rd of Jan, 2009
Any time you want to buy anything, you need to sleep on the information. Never make a decision at the same time the information is first presented. After 1 and a half hours of listening to a sales pitch, we had no resistance left and, regrettably, signed a contract! For what we must pay in joining fees and yearly dues, we could have bought all new stainless steel appliances, put in new floors, etc. What a rip-off! The interest is exorbitant and we were advised to refinance as soon as possible to a company with a lower interest rate by one of the salespeople--another red flag!
Sp
  12th of Feb, 2009
I got the same feeling from them right off the bat! And all I did was schedule for my "free open house pass". So I decided to do some research to check things out... I couldn't believe that Children were not allowed and what really bothered me was the fact that you "have to bring your spouse of significant other with you" I am very happy to say that myself and my spouse will not be going to the open house after all the research I gathered! I will be Blocking all emails from there website as well!!!
Thank you!
SP- Woodinville, WA
Di
  19th of May, 2009
DirectBuy is a nightmare & scam.
Help spread the word...
A Federal Class Action lawsuit against DirectBuy has been filed by Izard Nobel LLP. Contact information is as follows
Lead Attorney - Jeff Nobel
email - jnobel@izardnobel.com
toll free phone# - (800) 797-5499
Please contact them so justice may prevail & we can get our hard earned money aka "membership fees" back.
Cj
  16th of Jan, 2010
wow, they welcomed our children who sat through the seminar. Spouses are asked to attend because of the contract being signed and if you sign up as an individual your spouse can't benefit from your membership. We have shopped Direct Buy and saved several thousand dollars so far. Our children are always welcome to come shopping with us. Realize these are franchises, don't like the one you are dealing with, find another. I personally look forward to the huge savings that await when we build and furnish our home.

DirectBuy Logo DirectBuy