Direcpath / horrible case of abuse

Our condominium recently switched to Direct Path for TV services. We pay TV services everymonth as part as our condo fees. We recently signed-up for their internet services. We never got a bill for the internet service and a couple of months later we noticed our internet AND TV had been disconnected. After calling customer services we found out they disconnected our account because of past due bills. Note again, we never got a bill nor a disconnection notice until 4 days AFTER they disconnect both services. This has been pending for the past 2 weeks. Customer service keeps saying that the Accounting Dept will call us to resolve the issue. Well, THEY NEVER CALLED US BACK, and every day for the past 2 weeks we have been calling customer service and they keep saying the same thing... that Accounting will call us back. Our TV service is paid every month by our condo yet, Direct Path still has not put the TV service back on. IT HAS BEEN TWO WEEKS!!! THEY SUCK!!! THIS IS CUSTOMER ABUSE!!! WE PAY FOR TV EVERY MONTH AND THEY WILL NOT TURN OUR TV SERVICE BACK ON!!!

Cu

Comments

• At
      11th of Jan, 2011

I agree with you, this company is HORRIBLE!!! After recent and unusually heavy snow this week in my area (Atlanta), my satellite tv stopped working. This outage is caused by snow accumulation on the satellite dish (it has happened before) and can be solved with hot water, however because the dish is on the roof, I do not have access to it. I called Direct Path to report the outage, knowing that it would be days before they could send anyone out because the roads were in such bad shape. When I spoke to the representative she explained to me, in that scripted and rehearsed tone we all HATE so much, that she could not report an outage unless 2 of my neighbors also called direct path. I tried to explain to her that I understood immediate service was completely unreasonable and that I was not asking for that and was instead asking to be placed on a list for a technical call when road conditions were safe again. I was told again, and again, and again that my neighbors must call for any outage to be declared, and thus receive service. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told none where available, after pushing heavily to speak to a supervisor for 20 mins I was finally told one would call me when they got out of a meeting. After ending that call, I spoke to several of my neighbors who confirmed they were having the same issue and had called them selves within the same hour. They too had been feed the line about 2 other customers must call. When I received the call from the supervisor about an hour later, I wash shocked by how unabashedly RUDE she was. She continually cut me off until one point I had to say point blank, "excuse you, I am not being disrespectful, I am being very reasonable and you will let me finish what I am saying before you share any comments about what I have said." Her only solution for the problem was that I PAY $65 for a technical visit. I tried to explain how crazy direct paths 3 call policy was; "why should I, a paying customer, have to depend on my neighbors to get service from you for your product? When I pay my bill does my neighbor next door also pay part of my bill for me? If not, why isn't my account treated like the individual account it is?" I refused the technical visit (for $65) and asked to speak to the supervisor's superior, she told me she didn't have one, which I find VERY hard to believe. The issue will be resolved when the snow melts but that could take several days, days after the roads are safe to drive on, days after a technician could dust or melt the snow off of the dish! This company is HORRIBLE, they ACTIVELY attempt to take advantage of their customers! Customer service is based overseas even though its corporate headquarters are here in Atlanta, the representatives barely grasp the english language and make any experience frustrating and something to be dreaded. My apartment complex, a Gables community, has bared comcast, cox & att from providing internet and tv service in the complex. If you live in my complex you have no other choice but Direct Path, which makes me really upset with Gables... oh on a side note... Gables wont send any of their people to dust the dishes off because they says their contract with direct path bars them from doing so. I highly recommend that NO one has anything to do with Direct path or Gables for that matter (due to their relationship with direct path, which I wouldn't doubt it a FCC violation).