Direcpath / worst company ever

You should never move into any apartment community that tells you they Have DircPath as the communications provider. It is the worst company and how the owners of apartment complex's got into these contracts will never be understood. The DirecTV service is fine but DirecPath owns the equipment on site and it kept working. Their techs will tell you that they have not upgraded the equipment and you are just out of luck. You can not go anywhere else and get service. It it is DirecPath run to another complex where anything or even DirecTv stand alone is offered. You will then get to watch TV when you get home...And don't even ask how bad the internet service is... you will laugh (or cry if you already live at one of their properties). It is a joke.

Ho

Comments

• Ca
      14th of Sep, 2009

DirecPath sucks. I've been billed for four months since I canceled my service. They have now put me into collections for not paying the bogus bills. I've called every time I received a bill, and I've been told it is being taken care of. Stay away from DirecPath. They have horrible customer service!

• Ko
      26th of Oct, 2009

I have to agree with you all. Was lied to by the leasing agent when I first checked out the apt complex and was ready to sign the apt. Turns out that direcpath is the only cable provider here. And for an amazing $40, plus another $50 install you get 3mb down. I waited for 2 weeks for them to setup the internet, the appointment magically kept changing dates and getting pushed back. Finally it's set up and the speed is no where near the 3mb down 512kb up. I have to agree their phone support is horrendous. Was promised the connection would be looked at for about 2 weeks, no tech showed up. Finally called and cancelled the service. Also fought back the fees they tried to charge, cancellation, install, monthly. Since the service never really worked properly in the first place. BBB rating for the company is an F. Agents really are not knowledgeable enough to answer questions. Online support doesn't exist. Even the website itself is lacking in information. I think the company would fail completely if they weren't able to get exclusive agreements with the apt complexes.

Have switched to the other internet provider which is at&t dsl. The costing a bit more and speeds are somewhat better. But at least I can rely on them for customer service when the need arises.

Truly a horrible company to deal with. If I had known about this company's reputation and lack of service, I would have found another complex to live in.

• Do
      1st of Dec, 2009

I have DirecPath because I have to. I wasn't told before I signed my lease and was told by the local cable company that they cannot provide me service. So I'm forced to have this or nothing, like crappy government services. And just like crappy government services, they know you can't go anywhere else, and that they don't have to worry about quality of service. I'm on hold again, for the same problem I had 2 weeks ago, which is now the 4th time I've called in to complain about it. It sucks because I had DirecTV for a year a few years ago, and had NO problem with them at all directly. But DirecPath is a sleezy nasty money-grubbing slumlord middleman. They serve no purpose at all except to cause me greif. If their company didn't exist I would have a dish, that I could call DirecTV and have them walk me through fixing my own signal. But because I have DirecPath, I have no dish, and no self-support other than restarting the receiver, which never works. I have to call Tech Support, which I have been told by the guy that comes to fix my service is in the Phillipeans, talk to "Ted" who doesn't know English worth a crap, they have me restart my box, and ask me like 5 times if it's started back up yet. Nothing gets fixed, and the soonest they can have someone fix the crap THEY'RE causing is a week from now! OVER AND OVER!!! I've been here 6 months and they've been out to fix my crap at least 6-8 times. I've literally lost count. And the whole time I'm typing this review I'm sitting on hold, while my HD channels randomly freeze every minute or so. Same crap they've come out to fix the last 3 times.

So in conclusion, I would rather cut my wrists with a dull knife full of tetnis, than ever get DirecPath again.

• Di
      18th of Nov, 2011

Dear Valued DirecPath Customer:
    We sincerely apologize for your experience and appreciate your feedback. Rest assured we are committed to improving your service experience and would like to speak to you further in order to do so. Unfortunately neither Measured Up, nor Complaints Board provide any details from which we can use to research your account history. Please feel free to reach out to us via our online customer satisfaction survey by logging into your account and clicking ‘customer survey’ at http://my.direcpath.com/users/login or by calling 866-430-7284 and asking for a Corporate Call Back Request. We look forward to talking with you soon!

Sincerely, DirecPath Customer Care
    866-430-7284 24x7

• Se
      16th of Mar, 2016

my apt complex only had direct path i had never heard of it before and went on to rent apt big mistake i had direct path and direct tv, they were installed together, equip came together, 3 months after i moved in apt complex cancelled contract with both companies, and i was given a box to return equipment, everything came together i sent back together later i found out directpath took money out of my bank account for equip without my knowledge or consent which is fraud, i called and they said i was suppose to send some equip to direct tv and some to direct path, i sent all to directv when i called them they said they get this all the time, and they take directpath equip and throw it away, i feel like i have been scammed by these companies, and are letting legal aide at the senior citizens center deal with this issue, to all do not deal with direct path or direct tv you will regret it