Diamondjewelry.com / Paypal / paypal scam emails

If you ever receive these emails, they are email scams and they want you to click a link within the email so the can steal your personal information.

----- Original Message -----
From: service@PayPal.com
To: To Me@hotmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 8:19 PM
Subject: Your payment to payments@diamondjewelry.com has been sent

Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid DIAMONDJEWELRY Inc.

(payments@diamondjewelry.com) $325.00 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL DIAMONDJEWELRY*".

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Shipping Info: Charles Edwards
1015 Pleasant St
Rehoboth, MA 02769

Address Status: Unconfirmed

If you haven't authorized this charge, click the link below to cancel the payment and get a full refund.

Dispute Transaction

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

PayPal Email ID PP120.

Va

Comments

• Th
      16th of Feb, 2007

I dont even have a paypal account. I received two emails saying I had purchased from this jewelry company a gold necklace. I immediately went frantic and calling my bank was given their risk operations number to call the following day.

This type of scam is the worse kind of thing to happen to ordinary working people.

I am going to contact even yahoo about this type of abuse.

• Am
      26th of Feb, 2007

I received this spam today and was also alarmed. But you can't really blame yahoo. I checked the message again, and it usually says "this message has been verified by yahoo as coming from paypal" (or something to that effect) and this message didn't say that. I guess yahoo probably should have blocked it, but this message did not say "verified," so it didn't pass as legit by yahoo. Yahoo is not to blame. It's the people who perpetrated this scam who are to blame.

• Al
      28th of Feb, 2007

This message came to me too, I sent it on to paypal as a fraudulent email. I also became concerned with my credit card being charged, but after reading the other posts, I am going to wait to see if it shows up on my credit account. Sad times that we have to watch everything we do.

28th of Feb, 2007

I received exactly the same email and reported it to paypal. I really hope that they will find who originated this email and press charges.

3rd of Mar, 2007

Here is the response that I have received from PayPal:

Dear Anna,

We appreciate you bringing this suspicious email to our attention.

Commonly referred to as 'phishing', these emails are sent by fraudsters in an attempt to collect sensitive personal or financial information from the recipients. PayPal takes phishing threats seriously - our fraud prevention specialists are working 24/7 to help protect you and enable the community to stay safe.

After review, we can confirm that the email you received was not sent by PayPal. Any website which may be linked to this email is not authorized or used by PayPal.

Our fraud prevention team is working to disable any website linked to this email. In the meantime, please do not enter any information into this website. If you have already done so, you should immediately log into your PayPal account and change your password, as well as your security questions and answers. We also recommend that you contact your bank and credit card company immediately.

If you notice any unauthorized activity on your PayPal account, please report it to us by following the instructions below:

1. Log into your account at https://www.paypal.com
    2. Select the "Resolution Center" subtab.
    3. Click "Report a Problem."
    4. Select "Unauthorized transaction," and then click "Continue."
    5. Enter or select the transaction ID for the transaction you would like to dispute, and then click "Continue."
    6. Complete the report for Unauthorized Use on a PayPal Account, and then click "Continue."
    7. Confirm that the claim is correct, and then click "Submit."

If you have any doubt whether an email is really from PayPal, forward the message to spoof@paypal.com

To learn more on protecting your information, click the "Security Center" link located at the top right hand corner of any PayPal website page.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Important: PayPal and its representatives will NEVER ask you to reveal your password. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy. If anyone claiming to work for PayPal asks for your password under any circumstances, by email or by phone, please refuse and immediately contact us via our secure webform online.

Sincerely,

Rehoboth, MA
    508-252-2308

• St
      27th of Mar, 2007

That's not from Amazon.com, that's just a phishing letter. If you click the link, you can cheerfully give a bunch of scammers in Nigeria your credit card information or PayPal password.

• Cr
      12th of Apr, 2007

Have not bought anything from pay pal in 4 years will be canceling account, Hopefully not to late!

14th of Jul, 2007

I did not purchase anything from diamond jewelry inc. Why they continue charging me? Help smb!

• Jb
      11th of Dec, 2007

Stefan is correct this is a phishing letter and should not be listed in the Amazon.com Complaints section. It would be impossible for Amazon.com, along with millions of businesses online, to control the phishing scams that circulate daily through the vast web vortex.

• Cr
      5th of Sep, 2008

Yes it is true what the guys say above.
    THERE ARE PHISHING MAILS !

• He
      6th of Sep, 2009

PAYPAL WONT DO SQUAT TO HELP YOU... WHY??? BECAUSE THEY MAKE MONEY FROM THE SCAMS ... DONT BE FOOLED INTO THINKING YOUR SAFE WITH PAYPAL OR THEY SIDE WITH YOU WHEN YOUVE BEEN SCAMMED

• To
      15th of Mar, 2010

I own diamondjewelry.com and there was a scammer that coppied the name of this site and people who bought items at diamondjewelry.net never realized the difference of the .com versus the .net. They bought items on .net but the website proclaimed it was a .com site. 3 years later this scammer was never found and my reputation is still compromised! I can be reached at info@distinctivegold.com

• Cs
      22nd of Jul, 2012

Hi, After readinhg all this from other members as a wife i was so upset as to why my husband would give someone else a necklace.I was mad at the time but now i understand that people can and will be so cruell to hurt and steal from people almost breaking up a marrage which i have devoted 35 yrs to.Its hurtfull.If you do find thuis person please make sure he is punished and let him think about all the people he has hurt along the way theres no excuse to do this.
    Craig and Lori McClarnon