[Resolved] DHGate.com / dress purchased and customer service

This company is a scam!
I never write reviews but this is the worse customer service I have ever received. First the wedding dress I ordered from merchant 'ourfreedom' was nothing like the dress I was ordering. It took several weeks and a lot of work and time to finally get a refund. Dhgate told me that they would refund me the shipping fee. Fast forward to 3 months later and after about 6 live chats. I am told that I will finally get my refund. But then I get an email saying that I received a credit in my dhgate account to put towards another purchase. That is not a refund. Now on my 7th chat I am pretty pissed off and i'm not someone who loses their cool very often. The representative keeps telling me that's how they refund money and that I should use it towards another purchase. He/she named 'sid' refused to put me through to a manager or supervisor saying that managers don't do live chats and that he/she had no idea when a supervisor might be available. Are you kidding me?? Then I ask what other options there may be for me to get my money back. I am told that I can withdraw my money from the dhgate account but will be charged $25! This company lies to their customers. It is unbelievable. I wish I had read reviews before embarking on this 6 month torture. I hope this helps someone save their time and money. Truly - beware! - stay away from dhgate! Worse customer service and merchants! Product was nothing like it was described. They are beyond unhelpful.

• Resolution statement

• DHGate.com Customer Care's Response, Feb 06, 2018

Hi wikedgrin,

We do understand how upsetting this is. For your concern, please be reminded that the refund for the shipping is being deducted from the seller's account so it will be refunded on your Dhpay account. Also, we did not receive the payment for shipping directly so we cannot refund you the way you paid for it.

For now, you have the option to withdraw or use the funds to pay for a new order.

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link and choose online chat: https://goo.gl/hvEzdN or send email to: [protected]@DHgate.com

Regards,
    Riane
    Customer Service Center
    DHgate.com

Wi
Feb 06, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      Feb 06, 2018

So is it correct that you did receive a refund?

• Dh
      Feb 06, 2018

@Shaun R. Yes, the refund has been completed on the buyer's account.

• Sh
      Feb 07, 2018

@DHgate2004 Appreciate the response.

It sure sounds fair.