Dell Xps 200 Desktop / I'll think twice about another dell in the future!
I purchased my Dell XPS 200 Desktop about 6 months ago. Recently, I went on vacation for two weeks. The computer was not used at all during that time. When I returned, it would not boot up and gave me an error message that a Windows file was corrupt.
Dell support sent me the O/S disk - which did NOT come with the computer - something I was a bit disturbed about.
After waiting to receive the disk, support was unable to fix the problem. The ghost, original setting also did not work. And, I had to reformat the entire drive. I lost data and spent hours on the phone with them and loading everything again.
That was only a week ago from today.
Well, right now, the same computer is overheating. A strange smell comes out of it and then it shuts down. I contacted support and they will be sending a tech some time next week to check the fans and motherboard.
Needless to say, I am disappointed by Dell. Not by the service. But by the product. XPS is their top of the line? And in 6 months I've had two major problems already?
I know that I'll think twice about another Dell in the future.
Dell is getting too big - and is making their computers cheaply now. And the growing amount of complaints all over the media and the Internet confirm that fact.
Oh yeah and one more thing: Dell is an American company. I have nothing against anybody or foreigners at all. But why is it that when I contact Tech Support, I talk to somebody in India?
Keep our jobs here for crying out loud. We certainly need them.
More Dell Xps 200 Desktop Complaints & Reviews
- Dell Inspiron 1525 - hard drive failures 
- Dell 42& Plasma Tv - defective tv, poor service 
- Dell / Laptop Studio 1555 - dell is a scam 
- Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop - defective product - horrible service 
- Dell Canada - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back! 
- Dell - tech service dispatch 368091173 
- Dell - customer service and inspirion
- Dell - dell 3268 7gen/4gb/1tb/core 13 dell vostro dell cpu not functioning/dead 
- Dell - dell inspiron 7779 laptop 
- Dell - Inspiron 3475 AIO