Dell Financial / scam and cheating!
I purchased a laptop through Dell Financial 2years ago. When purchasing it I was told by customer service that I was approved for the Preferred Dell financial account at a 13 percent interest rate. I was somewhat hesitant because the rate was so high but was then ensured that as long as I make my payments on time that the rate would go down. I didn't receive a first bill and then two months later received it. There was 2 months of interest took on this bill and not it was not the rate I was promised, it was actually 29.99%! I called Dell and confronted them with the lie that was told to me. I got an apology and that was all! They did not give me the interest rate I was promised in the beginning and would not take the computer back because it was past the first month guarantee.
It has been two years that I have been paying on this computer and I have hardly put a dent in the principal! Every time I call them I remind them of the rate I was promised and the rate I am paying now. There has got to be a law out there that does not allow these type of companies to get away with lying to consumers. I also recently (within the last 7months) found out that you have to call and request them to lower your interest rate. They will review your account every 6 months. I had it reduced one time (7months ago) and have called again to request another one and the will not reduce it again. I have never been late on my payments. WORD OF ADVISE: NEVER GO THROUGH DELL FINANCIAL!!!
More Dell Financial Complaints & Reviews
- Dell Inspiron 1525 - hard drive failures 
- Dell 42& Plasma Tv - defective tv, poor service 
- Dell / Laptop Studio 1555 - dell is a scam 
- Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop - defective product - horrible service 
- Dell Canada - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back! 
- Dell - dell inspiron 7779 laptop 
- Dell - Inspiron 3475 AIO 
- Dell - laptop inspiron 15 series 5000 
- [Resolved] Dell - catalog order denied! 
- Dell - laptop hardly works