Dell Financial / scam and cheating!

I purchased a laptop through Dell Financial 2years ago. When purchasing it I was told by customer service that I was approved for the Preferred Dell financial account at a 13 percent interest rate. I was somewhat hesitant because the rate was so high but was then ensured that as long as I make my payments on time that the rate would go down. I didn't receive a first bill and then two months later received it. There was 2 months of interest took on this bill and not it was not the rate I was promised, it was actually 29.99%! I called Dell and confronted them with the lie that was told to me. I got an apology and that was all! They did not give me the interest rate I was promised in the beginning and would not take the computer back because it was past the first month guarantee.

It has been two years that I have been paying on this computer and I have hardly put a dent in the principal! Every time I call them I remind them of the rate I was promised and the rate I am paying now. There has got to be a law out there that does not allow these type of companies to get away with lying to consumers. I also recently (within the last 7months) found out that you have to call and request them to lower your interest rate. They will review your account every 6 months. I had it reduced one time (7months ago) and have called again to request another one and the will not reduce it again. I have never been late on my payments. WORD OF ADVISE: NEVER GO THROUGH DELL FINANCIAL!!!

Va

Comments

• Mo
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Dell Financial - Interest and Payments

I bought a Dell Laptop almost 5 years ago and financed it for $1, 000. Min Payments were to be $30. After the first month I noticed that the interest mixed with other unexplained charges were above even the $30. Now almost 5 years later I owe over $2, 000 on the account. I would never recommend buying from Dell. They rip off their costumers with the interest and hidden fees. Now I can't even afford to pay the bill because of the fact it never gets any lower and even by paying $100/month I still end up not even making a dent in the bill. I will never go through Dell again, it is going to take me forever to even pay for a laptop that I have had for 5 years that doesn't even work anymore thanks to a bad hardrive that didn't even last more than a year without having major problems.