Dell Computers / dell laptop - dell hell!

I ordered a laptop from Dell in June 1999, a few months before starting law school. Immediately, I noticed problems. It would stay on for more than a few minutes, applications weren't operating properly, etc. I called the same day I received it and repeatedly called at least once (up to four times) a day until November to complain. Dells' phone reps would give me incomplete information, refuse to identify themselves, hang up on me all the time and not log my calls. Dell absolutely refused to replace the laptop even though by the time August rolled around, the keys were falling off, the mouse would lock up, the screen would go dead and nearly none of the applications would work properly. I lost all of my first semester notes right before exams! I even got the IT people at the law school involved and reached the VP. I wish I could remember her name because she was unbelievably rude. She accused me of lying and trying to con my way into getting another laptop. I guess she didn't consider the only reason I would want another after only a few hours of ownership was because what they sent me was junk. She advised me on the phone that I was "very lucky" that they were offering to replace my laptop with a refurbished one and that I should be grateful and take it. I didn't spend $2,511 on a used laptop! No thanks! After hundreds of hours wasted trying to resolve the problem directly with Dell, I contacted the Better Business Bureau. Within three days, Dell refunded my money along with a very nasty note from the VP mentioned above. As a bonus, the woman at the BBB who contacted me regarding my complaint said that she was assigned to handle only Dell laptop complaints because there were so many of them and that when she previously worked for FedEx in Texas, they had a dedicated warehouse for all of the Dell laptop returns. I still smile when I hear business reports that hold the promise that Dell will go down the toilet. I can only hope Mr. Dell and his cohorts suffer the same miserable "customer service" when ordering their yahts and sports cars.

Bd

Comments

• Ge
      23rd of Aug, 2007

I have problem with dell to. I try to get my laptop computer fixs and the help desk or tech help does nothing to help me. I want to know where I can get my laptop fix. I will not buy a another dell product again. JUst because it is so hard to get anything fix on them. I have been over a year trying to get my dell computer fix. Iam about ready to smash it up into bits of junk. I will not tell anyone to buy a dell computer.

• Hi
      7th of Apr, 2008

I ordered a promotional deal from Dell. It was a combo of a 46 inch sharp TV & blue ray together. They were shipped from 2 different shippers. I received the TV but not the blue ray. DHL shipped the blue ray. According to the tracking information the blue ray got to their warehouse & never left. DHL looked for it for a few days then said that I had to contact Dell & get another one shipped & Dell can file a claim & DHL will pay since they lost it. I have been fighting with Dell since February on this. The customer service people said they would order a new package & we would return the TV we have. They did this twice. When I called for status I was told that it was cancelled because the promotion was over & they don’t have blue rays in stock for Sharp. I asked for them to contact sharp & have sharp send me one & file the claim with DHL. They refuse to do this. I even said if they would just give me a credit for the blue ray & let me order another one, they refused this also. Sales told me that a Sony would be compatible with Sharp TV. Customer service would not send me a Sony either. I was told no credit, no blue ray & tough I have to pay the same amount just for the TV as I paid for the promotional deal. I sent a certified letter to Dell Inc. as an escalated issue. I received a call from a Tina & an email, after playing phone tag with her she offered me a $100.00 voucher toward another blue ray. Blue rays cost between $400.00-$500.00 dollars. I told her this was unacceptable & that they are ripping me off making me pay the same amount for the TV as I would pay for the TV & blue ray. I asked for someone above her & she said there is no one. I asked her if she was general manger, CEO or president of Dell & she didn’t answer. I told her that I was not going to let this go. She finally said she would talk to colleagues & see what they could do and would call me back the next day. I have heard this before so I asked is she promised she would call back & she said she would. This was Wednesday April 2nd. I have not heard from her. I have left her messages & sent emails & I cannot get a response. All I want is my order completed & a blue ray sent to me.
    I have to pay on the bill or I will be sent to collections. I am paying for an incomplete order.

I contacted DHL & they told me that a claim had been filed but would not tell me any more information since I am not the one who filed the claim; they said Dell would have to contact them. I told Tina that they had filed a claim with DHL, and DHL said for her to contact them. She would not do this, I told her that they are going to get paid from me & DHL and I have no product.

The order # is 115416079
    Tina’s number is 1-800-624-9897 her extension is 5378864
    I can fax you copies of my letter and DHL tracking information if you need it.
    Can you please help me with this situation?

Hilary Guthrie
    904-367-8222 home phone.

• Va
      15th of May, 2008
    Dell Computers - scam
    www.dell.com

I have called three times now because I never received my printer or plasma and the answer I get is, "I'll submit a claim" How many claims need to be submitted before I get all my things? The warranty on the computer already expired and I still haven’t gotten a printer. There's no one I can speak to but customer service. Who runs this business and what are they hiding from? I don't think it's fair that they lie. Close your business, period. Lucky for me my lawyers are already looking into the whole scam. Thanks.

• Va
      15th of Aug, 2008
    Dell Computers - bad service
    P.O. Box 977122
    Miami
    Florida
    dell.com

I have the credit protection plan on my dell prefered account. The company I worked for closed our office down in May of 2017. I had activated the credit protection plan and provided them all the requested papers and forms. The credit protection plan paid 3 of my monthly bills then the credit protection plan was canceled by dell financial. My dell account is now in collections and I am still laid off. I had spent over 3 hours on the phone being transfered from one person to another with no resolve. I had paid this so called credit protection plan for over 1 year and when I go to use it they cancel it on me. The only reason I was given was that I had a late payment. How could I have a late payment when the credit protection plan is the one making my payments??? Now I receive at least 4 to 8 phone calls per day from dell and their collections people wanting some money. I think it would be in Dells interest to pay my account in full and make sure there is no negative marks on my credit report before I turn all of this over to my lawyer.

• Ta
      30th of Nov, 2008
    Dell Computers - non repair of laptop
    Ireland
    dell.ie

Purchased a del laptop in february 2017 and have had many problems with it. It has been sent back for repairs which took seven days and when it came back again it still hasn't worked properly. Was in touch with Dell again and they told me if I took out extra insurance I could get an engineer out to look at it properly until it's fixed. To get this level of cover I have to pay out 169 euro. The laptop is still under the first year warranty but this doesn't seem to mater to Dell. They keep talking me through the problems over the phone and the laptop works for around ten minutes then the problems start again.
    I feel that the laptop has been sent away once and the problem is still there. I rely on my laptop for my work as I work from home but now I am having to drive into town which is ten miles away and pay to use the computers in the internet cafe.

I feel really let down by Dell. The only thing they seem to be interested in is getting extra money from me. The laptop cost me nearly 700 euro.

I feel that they never fixed the problem properly just so I would eventually take up the offer of the warranty. They also told me the price will hold for 7 days then it will cost me more.

please advise as I am getting nowhere with Dell's customer service.

• Ni
      16th of Dec, 2008

I've heard about Dells poor quality and extremely terrible communation. I tried to have an item shipped to my current address and was told that there is no way the could accommodate me with my order. I contacted the currier and was told that Dell would be able to intercept the order. No one was willing to intercept the order. So at this point the individuals living at the old address will receive a XBOX 360 for christmas. I was told that after receipt of the product they could then send me another one at my current address. Well needless to say I will not be accepting this product and will be cutting off business with dell. One other thing I understand people need jobs, but if a person does not speak clearly/understandible language they should not be answering customers calls. Dell needs to offer them a desk job so they can try and figure out what the heck they are trying to say.

• En
      22nd of Dec, 2008
    Dell Computers - phony coupon
    West Virginia

We bought a laptop computer from Dell. We got a $75.00 coupon as an incentive. We used the coupon to order some games. Dell canceled this order without notifying us. We found the order had been canceled and reordered. Again Dell canceled the order without notifying us. When we found the order had been canceled this time Dell told us that the coupon could not be used again because they had canceled the order. The coupon says it cannot be used again if we cancel but we did not, Dell did the canceling. Dell says the coupon can only be used once but in fact they accepted it twice before refusing to honor it. I spoke with one representative in customer care and when i asked for a manager they told me to call back later and ask for a specific person. when i called back the next rep said they never heard of the person i was asking for and refused to let me speak to a manager. this was the worst service and most uncaring company i have ever dealt with.

• Pa
      6th of Jan, 2009
    Dell Computers - awful company
    dell.com

I purchased a Dell XPS M1530 July 11, 2017. On the day it arrived July 15, 2017 I had a problem with the computer and called Dell. A representative connected directly to my computer to update software and to correct the problem. He then talked to me regarding accessories for this computer telling me that Dell had on sale a digital TV tuner that would turn my notebook into a television on sale for $65.99 would I be interested. I said yes.

When the TV tuner arrived I was not able to install the tuner and called Dell, they told me I did not purchase Tech support and would have to pay additionally for someone to install this TV tuner. I asked for a manager to return my call and was told someone would return my call. Several weeks later still no call, I called Again in September and was basically told the same thing. Again no call. I put the tuner to the side and in when I had a computer tech person at my home asked if he would try to install this 'Digital Tuner' He looked at it and told me it was not compatible with my XPS M1530 and it WAS NOT A DIGITAL TUNER it was analog! It would not work after February even if it work with my new Dell notebook computer.

My issue with Dell is that they suggested and sold to me a TV tuner for my notebook computer (A DELL) that was supposed to be both compatible to my computer and Digital. Why would Dell sales and technical people who you should be able to trust for product knowledge sell something that they fully know will not be usable after 2/2017 (less than 6 months) to customers saying they are Digital Tuners?

I had just spent over $1000 on a top of the line computer why would they market obsolete product to consumer like me that trust they are being told the truth and depend on Dell for technical advise, product compatibility and honestly? They misrepresented this TV tuner as Digital and neglected to tell me it would be unusable after Feb 2017.

Although I am upset over this misrepresentation I am even more upset over the chain of events that follow the sale of this TV tuner. The facts are as follows.

Dell Computers sold me a product that was not compatible with my computer (this model was recommended from Dell and was sold to me as a compatible Digital TV tuner specifically for my XPS M 1530.

I called within the 21 day period and was told by Dell that I purchased the product and not tech support and that if I would have to install or pay to have someone to install this product. I requested and was told by Dell that someone would be returning my call. I was not given a case number nor did I realize I needed on the 1st call. I do however have names, dates time of call and phone records to substantiate my calls.

The main issue I have is the treatment I received (Customer service today) when I finally realized they sold me the wrong product and an obsolete product after I paid a computer technician to install the tuner.

I called Dell, I spoke to a total of 14 people in a 3 hour period being scuffled between sales and customer support. I was told there were no supervisors to speak to and I was disconnect 4 times (I believe on purpose) and had to call back a total of 6 times, I have the names of most of the representatives I spoke to, the time of the calls and phone records to show each time they terminated my call and I called back.

I have exhausted ever opportunity to resolve this issue with Dell and after 4 months of trying with no success have lost all faith in Dell and they have lost all future business they would have received from me and my family. I was told there are no supervisors to speak to, there was a language barrier as I believe this call center is in India and they have no desire to resolve any issue with American citizens.

They refused to give me a name, phone number, email address or physical address to communicate to any other department manager or executive from Dell. In plain English, which they apparently lack the ability to understand Dell sales person Emmanuel I Balmes was either not knowledgeable enough to recommend and sell products compatible with Dell Notebook XPS M1530 or Dell purposely sold me a product they apparently had abundant stock of and wanted to dump on unsuspecting customers knowing that it would be obsolete in Feb 2017 and misrepresent it to be a digital TV tuner that 'would make my XPS M1530 able to be a digital TV.

I welcome anyone from Dell that has the ability to resolve this issue, verify my claim, phone records and explain to me why customer service can hang up 4 times on a customer (if I was not disconnected on purpose 4 times then they must have serious issues with customer service phone line), transfer 13 times and lie to customers treating with great disrespect. In my opinion if the call center was manned with Americans or in this country we would have not come to this extent of disrespect.

It is clear to me that another country (India) cares nothing about American consumer issues or cares to resolve them and has no problem lying about or misrepresenting a product just to sell obsolete stock to unsuspecting American consumers.

• Vi
      12th of Mar, 2009
    Dell Computers - overcharge - refusal to repay stolen money from me
    Dell Computers

I have 50 hours logged on the phone with this issue, over 6 months I believe at this point.

I ordered a battery to replace the one that died two weeks after my warranty was up (hmm?)

I was sent the wrong battery. I told them this on the phone. They told me that I was wrong. My drivers were deleted. I reinstalled all my drivers and called them back. They said sorry too bad.

I called again and again. Then I was told that if I gave them $50 they would help me "fix" my computer. After paying they found out that I was indeed not the ### they accused me of being. They sent me the wrong battery.

They sent the replacement battery to my parents house???? Who knows how they got that??? Kinda creepy!!
    Though my parents never got the package.

They sent a third battery to me. So I got my battery 3 months after ordering it, and having no computer for the entire summer ( a bummer for a teacher)

I was told 5 months ago that I would be refunded the money for the battery (as an apology fir calling me a ###?) Though i never got it!

I have spoken to them probably 50 times. I have been "personally guaranteed" from 10 supervisors that I would get the deposit in 8-10 days. I guess they are playing the time card. I can no longer refuse the charges through my bank. (works well for them!)

I will never, ever, ever, purchase another Dell product. This has been the bane of my existence for six months now.

• To
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I had a recurring problem with my new Dell laptop. The ac adapter they sent me had a serious design flaw dell knew about. It caused continual problems with my battery and it eventually ruined the ID chip and motherboard. Since they knew of the design flaw, it was profitable for Dell to string me along, never really fixing the problem so that when my warranty ran out, I had to purchase new components and eventually had to buy an new laptop.

I'm very sorry for your problems with Dell. I can't tell you of any recourse or I'd have tried it myself. I've researched many tech forums and found the frustrating and expensive problem I had is EXTREEMELY common. As a consumer advocate I've now taken to warning others about Dell. I post and warn anyone who will listen because Dell has no intention of doing a recall.

If you go to getsatisfaction.com there is a movement of many angry with the sleazy profit tactics used by Dell. Good luck.

• To
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I've also had countless Dell battery problems. I've researched and found many tech experts who think this is the root cause of this common frustrating, time consuming expensive Dell problem.

There are many once loyal Dell customers online currently dealing with this "AC adaptor/battery not charging" 'design flaw' in Dell laptops. There is a movement of consumer advocacy against Dell at the site getsatisfaction.com.

As to your battery issues, most think the cause is a faulty adapter 'design flaw' Dell should take responsibility for LONG AGO.

When Dell knew of the problem they should have notified all customers and offered a recall or at least a permanent solution. But it seems to me instead, Dell just sits on a large stock of those faulty adapters and is handing them out to anyone within warranty. When your laptop warranty runs out you're forced to by the correct (90W or higher) sold by 'Dell'. And that's only if you catch the problem before it fries your motherboard.

Here's why the AC Adapters / Motherboards for a range of DELL Laptops keep dying on so many good customers:

The design of the hardware circuitry for identification of the DELL AC Adapter is seriously flawed. The root cause is the use of an UNSHIELDED cable between the controller chip on the Mother board and the ID chip pin in the AC adapter.

This unshielded lead acts as an ANTENNA and easily picks up electromagnetic pollution going straight to the chip circuitry. The hardware circuitry is not hardened to deal with electromagnetic fields.

Consequently this energy is dissipated in the chips on each end of the lead ruining either one chip or both chips if the electromagnetic spike was powerful enough.

So use warranty to the max, this is a serious design fault. If outside warranty consider using a shielded lead or try to stay away from strong electromagnetic fields / switching.

I honestly believe Dell was fully aware of the problem when they sent me a faulty adapter for the $998.00 laptop I purchased. But Dell will lose in the end as my family will no longer buy from them.

Here's the full story of the Dell Antenna that many customers are slowly becoming aware of:

Spread the word, Dell is dishonest, they have no concept of customer service and should be avoided at all costs. In this economy they SHOULD NOT be allowed to fleece customers.

• Da
      19th of Apr, 2009

The Same thing happened to me! I was given a $100 coupon when I purchased my new Dell which I tried to use to purchase printer cartridges. The order was $106 but because I bought the 4 pack they gave me a discount which brought the balance to $98 or so. I figured I would just eat the $2. After 3 weeks I still hadn't received my order so I called and found that the order was cancelled. At first they tried to tell me that I cancelled it. But after hours of interigation of their crack service staff they admitted they cancelled the order because the order was for less than the coupon amount. I said fine Ill just add to the order. They said I couldn't do that because the coupon had been used. I said fine send me another which I thought would be fine because they hadn't delivered my order. They said they couldn't do that either!! They also said they couldn't send me my order. I would have to reorder and pay for it myself!! After weeks of phone calls and email messages I finally gave up (which I believe is the plan). I will never buy anything from DELL ever!!!

• Dy
      28th of Apr, 2009

Typical Dell attitude. I purchased a Dell computer from QVC to get the 3 yr. warranty. I called when I had a problem and they said it was a software issue and not a hardware issue and would have to pay. Well my son has a friend who heads up the network department at a large cable co. He took my computer and did complete test and found it was the hard drive that was bad. At his company, they deal with Dell all day and when Dell refused to send me another hard to replace the one he put in, I had to get him involved and of course because they use Dell at his large co., they ended up sending me another hard drive. God only knows what would have happened if I told them originally to fix the software problem that never existed. I probably would have had to pay a big bill for a problem that never existed.

• Dr
    Munhall
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 412-302-5466

DELL COMPUTERS
    1. Dell advertized a very low interest rate, charged me over 30%.
    2. The Dell installed continuous pop ups are intolerable, and you can't simply close them. (McAffee Security) Pop up every hour or so - options are "buy now" or "remind me later". If McAffee was the only security available I would go unprotected based on this rude sales technique.
    3. My Dell E1405 is unreliable.
    The bottom line is: I would never buy another Dell product, nor would I recommend them based on equipment and the company in general. The computer is more like a little TV station with all the Dell advertising showing up while you are trying to work. I am now buying new computers for my company, and Dell will not be considered.

• Jg
      30th of Jun, 2009

Go HERE: http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html

They will be able to help you uninstall the McAffey product (which quite frankly, sucks) and clear out any remaining files that cause the pop-ups AND they'll be able to point you in the direction of some really decent FREE antivirus and internet security products. (Yes, free - open source)

Good Luck.

Eudunda
    Eudunda
    South Australia
    Australia

I ordered a Laptop computer from the Dell Site on the internet. This was to be for my son's birthday, he had saved up most of the money for it himself. When ordering it the site stated that it would take 5-7 working days to be delivered. On the 7th day I phoned Dell to find out how far away the computer would be to being delivered, as my sons birthday was approaching quickly. The first person I spoke to I couldn't even understand, the second person was a little better. When she told me that the computer would not be delivered for at least another two weeks I was a little cross. My 10 year old son, who had saved for a long time wasn't going to have anything for his birthday! So then I asked if they could give me my money back. On ordering the computer the money was out of my bank within 24hours! But when asking for it back (so that I could purchase a computer for my son somewhere else) it was going to take 7-10 days to be back into my account, by time it went thru their finanace company, and then to the bank! Are you friggin kidding me!!! I explained my situation, and could she please just check with the factory as we had made no alterations to the computer, it was just standard, but she stated it wouldn't matter. So then I asked to speak to someone higher - which she stated she was, if I made a complaint she would be the one to recieve it, she said! So I am stuffed - how do I tell a 10 year old kid that he has nothing to open for his birthday? Good on ya Dell - I will be telling everyone what I think about your company - and don't worry, I haven't given up on complaining to the powers that be in Dell - just have to find out where to direct it!

• So
      21st of Aug, 2009
    Dell Computers - poor customer service
    Dell
    dell.com

We recently purchased a Dell Mini 9 Laptop. We received in an appropriate amount of time. Within four days the system crashed, and we had not even loaded any new programs, just general use. We soon found out that Dell provides very poor customer service. First, I asked numerous times to return it for a new one (we only had it four days!) to no avail. Technical support proceeded to have me stay on the phone for 2 hours problem solving. When it was not successful, they asked me to run a program clean-up (apologize for my lack of technical knowledge), and the manager promised to call back within 1 hour when the program clean-up was likely to be complete. He did NOT call back. I called again, and after another 30 minutes on the phone they agreed to overnight a new hard drive. It took 3 days (not overnight) to receive it. The box included only the hard drive casing, NO actual hard drive. I had to call Dell AGAIN. They still would not grant me a new computer and agreed to send a hard drive within 5 days. At this point, it has been approximately 2 weeks since my new computer arrived, and I am stuck with a broken laptop. Not to mention, I have spent at least 5 hours dealing with customer service. I am appauled at their poor customer service. It makes me concerned about potential problems with the computer in the future and the need to deal with customer service.

• Cm
      21st of Aug, 2009

I would be concerned. I purchased a Studio about nine months ago and have had nothing but problems. I have had to send it in 3 times to the repair depot and have had a Tech. come to my home once. I had the laptop a little over 60 days before the problems I had began and continued to this day. I have been consistantly met with poor customer service. I would recommend everyone go else where for a computer. Dell doesnt stand by the claim of customer satisfaction or stand by their product. Dealing with tech. support and customer service is the bigggest headache in the world.

3rd of Dec, 2009
    Dell Computers - horrible customer service
    Dell

Lately I have been disappointed in the way customer service has deteriorated across the country, but I've never been so disgusted by a company that I had to write about it. That is until my Dell computer ceased to work properly one day. First off i called Dell and stayed on hold for over an hour, I spoke to someone who informed me that I would be charged $69 for the help and then proceeded to fix the problem. I was told I needed to update my security software and so I did that as well. He said he would ship it to me and then call me to install it. I needed security at that time, but he told me he couldnt install the free trial version until 12 hrs had passed and that he would call the next day at noon. Next day, no call. I call again ( on hold for an hour and 23 min ) get to someone and explain that I wanted the trial version on because I wasn't protected until my software arrived. He put it on and I realized my printer did not work. i told him I had been waiting for over an hour and a half and he said nothing. I told him about the printer and we got disconnected. He never called back even though I gave him my number in case that happened. Two days later the same man calls and I ask him why he never called me back. He ignored the question and asked how my computer was working. I said the printer still doesn't work and again asked why he didnt call me back. He paused and then said he tried to call back which was an obvious lie. Could tell by the tone and no one called. Now he says I need a cable for the printer even though it worked before without it. Ok now my software arrives and I get the bill. I am charged $137 for the service instead of the agreed upon $69. I call again, on hold for an hour...5 transfers to people who know nothing about it. Three hours later, speak to a manager and he agrees to credit it back in 1-3 days. I go to install my software and it doesn't work. I call again, on hold for 2 hrs and am told I was recommended the wrong software and needed a different version. She tells me I need to send this one back. I purchase the new version and then ask her how to send the other back. Oh, that wasn't her dept so she transfers me ( on hold 48 min ). I get to the return dept and am told that i cannot return it because I opened it. What?? I told the woman I tried to install it and she knew I opened the package. Four transfers later I get to a manager and am told I will be credited for the wrong software. I ask about my other return regarding the wrong charge for the service call and they say there is no info on it. ( It has been a week now ) Ok...on hold for 4 HOURS with 11 transfers just to be told the info was in the notes all along. No one at Dell customer service has a clue and they purposely lie to get you to buy something or to get you off their back. Dell is by far, the WORST company I have ever dealt with in my life and will NEVER purchase a product from them again. I will tell everyone I know not to by Dell unless they have no life and enjoy hours of lies and frustration every time they need service. Please think twice before purchasing a product from them. By the way, I still haven't received my money back and my printer still does not work.

• Te
      6th of Dec, 2009
    Dell Computers - fraud
    Texas

I purchased a Dell Studio 8000 by phone. It arrived via UPS and the "install team" (and I use that term loosely) arrived shortly thereafter to install the equipment. I have been through multiple new computers in my lifetime, and always pay for the data transfer and install - I'm not a "computer person."

The installer had no clue as to how to set up the wireless printer...he advised me to tell Dell that they had sent me a "defective" machine and to demand a new one. A simple call to tech support solved the problem, the installer was just grossly under-educated in his supposed field of expertise.

While at my home, the installer smoked, and did NOT transfer my data, and left me with an absolute birds nest of wires on my desktop - he even left the power strip on the desktop - what a mess!! He also complained that I did not have the "right" modem/router to connect my 2 computers, which necessitated another visit and another charge. Mind you, I did have a wireless DSL modem, just not one that he was familiar with. Nevertheless, I did go out and buy his choice of modems and they returned.

After all was set up (or so I thought) I kept getting pop up windows asking for the Office 2017 product key. I asked the installer about this, he replied that this was just a "software glitch" and to just keep closing the window. Come to find out, you have exactly 25 "free" logins before you MUST enter the product key to use the product.

There was no disc, the software was pre-installed on the computer. I looked through every box, every disc, every single packing peice that came from Dell - no product key. After spending HOURS on hold with multiple departments, I finally got a supervisor who told me Dell would issue me a refund for the software, and that I could go purchase a new MS Office package from a retailer, which I did.

After the purchase, I contacted Dell again to see who I should send the scanned receipt to, etc. I was told that "we don't issue refunds for software." I explained the entire chain of events, including the name of the supervisor who promised the refund. "Sorry, that is not possible" was the response I recieved. When I pressed to speak to THAT person's supervisor, I was told that the Customer Service dept was "getting ready to close" and that I would have to call back tomorrow. This is after spending a total of 3 hours on hold all together, in the course of the last few days.

I will be complaining to the BBB, the AG, and anyone else who will listen about this until I get my refund. I am not about to pay for a $500 peice of software twice. I will never ever again buy another Dell product. I'm done.