Dell Computers / defective merchandise & computer returned

In February I purchased a laptop from Dell. Within a few days I began calling Dell because the computer was defective. I was transferred 13 times on one call, called over 20 times, each time I was connected to someone in India, who transferred me to someone else in India. While I was on hold, a recording told me that for an additional fee I could speak to someone in Northern America.

After I was cut off the last time, I gave up and sent the computer back to Dell with a letter explaining my frustration with their customer service and requesting they not send me a replacement.

Then I began to get statements and dunning phone calls from Dell Financial Services saying I owed them the cost of the computer. I wrote them several times and told them I didn't have the computer, they did and I owed them nothing. Last month I spoke to a customer rep in Financial Services who actually called me back and told me she had resolved the issue, my balance was zero and I would not hear from Dell again.

Last week I received another statement and Friday I got a dunning phone call. I called Financial Services again yesterday. I got a rep who could not think or speak anything but what was on her script. She continued to tell me I owed for the computer, I kept telling her they had the computer and have had it since February, she would go right back to script and asked me if I wanted to make a payment. I gave up.

Today I am writing the president of Dell because I cannot believe the level of customer service they have. It is outrageous. I am enclosing a copy of my return receipt for the computer signed by their employee on February 25th.

If anyone has suggestions who else I can write to I would appreciate it.

Comments

24th of May, 2009

I complained to the Better Business Bureau. If every person who has been wronged by Dell complains to the Better Business Bureau, more is likely to be done about it. Here is the link to file a complain about Dell:

www.bbb.org